Golf Cart Insurance

mmaedelins

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm hoping you guys can help me out... I live in NJ but own a lot on a private campground in PA. I need to get insurance for a golf cart that we purchased and want to take up to PA but we seem to be getting the run around. We currently insure our vehicles through Geico though they won't insure the golf cart because they don't do that for NJ and to have it insured in PA, we'd have to officially move there. :nah:

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Oh, and we will not be taking the golf cart in the street, just to ride back and forth from our site to activities around the grounds.

Have you tried progressive ? They may be an option.

If you have a master policy for the camp ground it may also be possible to cover this under the property portion.

Funny you said that...I just got off the phone with progressive. They are willing to do it for $75/year. Not too bad.

We don't have a master policy for the campground.

I'm hoping you guys can help me out... I live in NJ but own a lot on a private campground in PA. I need to get insurance for a golf cart that we purchased and want to take up to PA but we seem to be getting the run around. We currently insure our vehicles through Geico though they won't insure the golf cart because they don't do that for NJ and to have it insured in PA, we'd have to officially move there. :nah:

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Oh, and we will not be taking the golf cart in the street, just to ride back and forth from our site to activities around the grounds.

Foremost does golf carts cheap. I am in NJ and write PA

You may want to think about getting coverage for that campground as well. There is a lot of exposure with owning that type of land and you personally could be held liable if anything happens to someone.

Thanks, Everyone! :)

Block...thanks for the offer to help increase coverage but progressive actually did a great job of that and my husband jumped on the bandwagon before I had a chance to see your post. We especially liked the free 'road side assistance' that comes with the policy! :err: Of course, it will probably be easier to push the cart back to the campsite than wait the xx hours it will take for someone to come jump the battery!

Back