Good Books on Running Independent Agency

neb1970

Expert
Hi-

Does anyone have good recommendations for books that discuss how to run an independent agency from a business perspective? As I look into franchise options, cluster options, 100% independent appointment options, I also want to be researching how to run this business . I can do what I do best (sell) , but I want to fully understand the other aspects of truly owning an independent agency.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot out there, currently, but I would suggest some business books and how to set up a business plan.

A lot of independent alliances will walk you through all of this stuff, too.

Hi-

Does anyone have good recommendations for books that discuss how to run an independent agency from a business perspective? As I look into franchise options, cluster options, 100% independent appointment options, I also want to be researching how to run this business . I can do what I do best (sell) , but I want to fully understand the other aspects of truly owning an independent agency.

Are you specifically looking at P&C or more of a multi-line agency?

Building the Master Agency: The System Is the Solution by Jack Kinder Jr.

Insurance Commander: How to Sell Property and Casualty Business Insurance Paperback – January, 1994
by Baxter Dunbar (Author)

Last edited:
Back