Good Books?

Wondering what people are reading? I think it's important to constantly educate oneself, saw where someone mentioned, "High Probability Selling" by Jaques Werth, haven't read that one yet but it sounds good. Two books I've finished recently and would recommend whole-heartedly are "The Ultimate Sales Machine" by Chet Holmes and "Selling the Invisible" by Harry Beckwith.

Wondering what people are reading? I think it's important to constantly educate oneself, saw where someone mentioned, "High Probability Selling" by Jaques Werth, haven't read that one yet but it sounds good. Two books I've finished recently and would recommend whole-heartedly are "The Ultimate Sales Machine" by Chet Holmes and "Selling the Invisible" by Harry Beckwith.

Great idea. I just got done reading Succeeding by John T. Reed and I'm about 1/3 of the way through Joe Catal's Tele Sales book. I highly recommend both. Here's a few more I just purchased after receiving a nice holiday gift from the Assurant RSD. Some are sales related, while others will be used to fill my mind with worthless information for the majority, while appeasing my curiosity.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5355/54838206vd1.png

Last edited:
I really enjoy "Letters to Penthouse."

Actually, will rare exceptions I read as many sales oriented books as I can find. It's interesting that I rarely implement any of the techniques but I would bet that some of them do make an impression and I have likely integrated some of the information into my sales.

Rick

one of the best books I have ever read, The Millionaire Next Door. try to follow some of those basic practices!

Sam

The Millionaire Next Door is a very good book! Read it sometime ago but I should probably pick it up again. Our group of agents is assigned a new book to read every quarter before our quarterly meetings. Usually very good reads...I'll let you know what the next one is when we get it. If you haven't read Jeffrey Gittomer's, "Little Red Book" I would recommend that as well, nice practical info and easy to read, no pictures or popups though <grin>.

Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" is the only book you need to succeed in business. It teaches you more than any "Millionaire" book can.

My, what a conversation Ayn Rand and Dan Fogelberg are having right about now.

A must read for a few agents I know

sensitivexj2.jpg

A must read for a few agents I know

sensitivexj2.jpg

HaHa, yeah, like the agent in the mirror :D

If a person isn't sensitive enough to laugh at this joke then something is amiss. The new television show "Most Evil" talks about that other group. Very entertaining.

My favorite book is called The Sneeches and Other Stories by Dr. Suess

Oh the star-bellied sneeches had bellies with stars. The plain-bellied sneeches had none upon thars...

Back