GOOD DRIVER DISCOUNT

tom8907

Hi,
My husband who has learners permit only is driving the car and hit a car parked on the curb, I was accompanying my husband.I have given my insurance details to the other car owner. Will it affect my good driving record. And how the insurance premium will increase after the accident.
Thanks
tom8907

National average of increase for 1 claim over $2000 on a policy, in California, is 63.2%. Your rate will depend on the carrier and any plan which you have purchased as part of your policy

Your car.
Your company pays the claim.
Your policy gets surcharged, probably for three years.

Last time I had an at-fault accident charged to my policy the renewal premium was increased by almost double.

Took me three years to get back to preferred rates.

It may not impact the rates at all currently. Many carriers have longevity credits like you mention as "safe Driver". Many times, they may waive the 1st minor ticket or accident within a 3 year period. however, if he then gets a ticket or has an at fault claim (even hitting your own garage door), the credit would be removed & charged for both issues. call the agent like the others mentioned

"Accident Forgiveness" is usually an option that has an additional cost.

Seems to be a "thing" in the insurance industry these days. OP should certainly check the policy to see if it's in there.

Back