Good Old Illinois

UGH... I was planning to switch to a 12-month short term for 2019. What other options exist beyond high deductible bronze HMO to reduce costs in Illinois? One sole provider option here in Lake County.

Well, I spoke to my GA and he told me until he is notified keep writing it. They will probably put a cut off date after Jan 1

Well, I spoke to my GA and he told me until he is notified keep writing it. They will probably put a cut off date after Jan 1

1 Year plans available until January 1st makes sense. Hopefully National General will enable renewal of the 6 month STM in a way that includes pre-existing conditions and is automatic, unless the client asks not to renew.

I just read where Wisconsin is requiring that at least 63 days elapses between the expiration of an STM and the writing of another. How they could enforce that is beyond me. It's surprising to see how Wisconsin is becoming more liberal as the years pass. They should look across the border to Illinois and run away from liberalism...FAST.

Thanks for sharing that information on the Illinois STM duration change, Sam. You are appreciated!
:noteworthy:
-Allen

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Sam,
It looks like the goons who run Illinois have forced health insurers to make the 6 month STM limitation IMMEDIATE. I put one in at National General on Friday and it didn't go through because I requested 12 months.

As of today, quotes at N.G. now are limited to 6 months in Illinois. The other STM companies will probably follow suit this week, if they haven't done so already. Bummer.
-Allen

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Sam,
It looks like the goons who run Illinois have forced health insurers to make the 6 month STM limitation IMMEDIATE. I put one in at National General on Friday and it didn't go through because I requested 12 months.

As of today, quotes at N.G. now are limited to 6 months in Illinois. The other STM companies will probably follow suit this week, if they haven't done so already. Bummer.
-Allen

In addition, Illinois residents must go 60 days between obtaining another STM.

I'm not sure how the state will track that..or even enforce it. But it's very dangerous to potentially be left out hanging before the next Open Enrollment. Probably best to not write STM in our state again until JULY.

In addition, Illinois residents must go 60 days between obtaining another STM.

I'm not sure how the state will track that..or even enforce it. But it's very dangerous to potentially be left out hanging before the next Open Enrollment. Probably best to not write STM in our state again until JULY.

60 days from the same carrier. So the carrier the same carrier won't let you write it.

Back