Good Place to Learn Stock Market Basics?

I have done very well with Chris Michaels at Intelligent Value. I have been with them over 5 years and am quite happy. Official INTELLIGENT VALUE INVESTING at IntelligentValue.com
5 years of up up up....we are all happy just being in any stock index did great!

----------

I have done very well with Chris Michaels at Intelligent Value. I have been with them over 5 years and am quite happy. Official INTELLIGENT VALUE INVESTING at IntelligentValue.com
as of today, DOW almost exactly doubled in 5 yrs.

Try opening a account with Merril Edge and if you have a 25K combined balance in Bank of America, you get 30 free trades every month.
You save $ 9 per trade. The $ 9 may look small... imagine doing 20 trades a month (240 trades a year at $9)
Before you make money in stocks, atleast this d help you to stop the commissions

It’s pretty good, yeah. You can get higher, of course. But you need to do a few things first. Learning stock market basics can be very tiring and takes a lot of your time. You need to stay focused and memorize new terms that can be difficult to understand. Especially in Forex. Search for information on trusted sources and if possible, some guidance from an expert wouldn’t hurt. Then, you need a trading platform. I’ve found some on https://thinkmobiles.com/, you can take a look. After that, you can get started. But remember that you are taking risks and it’s better to take it step by step. You don’t want to lose everything at once.

Last edited:
I did most of my reading and research about 20 years ago, and did a lot of reading of Motley Fool, Chart of the Day, Market Watch, Value Line, Morningstar and the Hulbert Financial Digest. After a few years I realized that the amount of time, energy and risk it would take to try to beat the market made it nearly impossible, and most people can't do it. All those stocks, research, things changing, etc. made it nearly impossible for me to beat the market. I knew there were a few people that consistently beat the market. Was I smarter than those few people? Probably not. Could I simply do my best to follow them? Probably yes.

So, I read and researched the model portfolio's that had been consistently beating the market for over 20 years and followed them. I was not interested in following a model portfolio that had only been doing well for around 10, because it may or may not be sustainable.

You could try that. It did very well for me.

Or you could listen to the guy on T.V. that screams and throws rubber chickens around.

Last edited:
I did most of my reading and research about 20 years ago, and did a lot of reading of Motley Fool, Chart of the Day, Market Watch, Value Line, Morningstar and the Hulbert Financial Digest. After a few years I realized that the amount of time, energy and risk it would take to try to beat the market made it nearly impossible, and most people can't do it. All those stocks, research, things changing, etc. made it nearly impossible for me to beat the market. I knew there were a few people that consistently beat the market. Was I smarter than those few people? Probably not. Could I simply do my best to follow them? Probably yes.

So, I read and researched the model portfolio's that had been consistently beating the market for over 20 years and followed them. I was not interested in following a model portfolio that had only been doing well for around 10, because it may or may not be sustainable.

You could try that. It did very well for me.

Or you could listen to the guy on T.V. that screams and throws rubber chickens around.
I agree. A diversified portfolio based on sound academics is far better than chasing hot segments or recent high performers, or trying to pick the winners or time the market. Most folks that play the game lose, that is a fact.

The stock market is a very complex mechanism. On the Internet, you can find a lot of strategies that professionals invented. I make money from cryptocurrency trading. Before I started trading, I spent a lot of time understanding all the laws. My friends have been doing this for a long time and advised me to read the information here https://bitscalp.io/day-trading-crypto, beneficial information. If you stick to strategies that are developed by talented mathematicians, then you can make money.

Last edited:
Back