Good Way to Get LEADS? NEw Agent Needing Help!

ForeverAngela

Expert
I have money to invest in leads but want the best ones out there that I can get the best turn around. Any suggestions? I am willing to pay the money..but what are the best lead sources to insure making my money back? Give me all the suggestions you got!:biggrin:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh by the way I am interested in Final expense and Life leads.

Last edited:
There isn't one.

The best leads cost the least money, but the most time. You have to earn referrals and repeat business. But that isn't what you are looking for in your question.

You can either invest money and try out various vendors to find leads, or you can hit the phone or the streets. Cold calling and cold walking d2d or b2b are time tested and proven ways to get started. It will take some thick skin, but it can always pay off. Also, you tend to find people this way that would never fill out an online lead or respond to just another telemarketer.

There isn't one.

The best leads cost the least money, but the most time. You have to earn referrals and repeat business. But that isn't what you are looking for in your question.

You can either invest money and try out various vendors to find leads, or you can hit the phone or the streets. Cold calling and cold walking d2d or b2b are time tested and proven ways to get started. It will take some thick skin, but it can always pay off. Also, you tend to find people this way that would never fill out an online lead or respond to just another telemarketer.

I see you are a VOL too? Are you in Knoxville as well? Small world. Are you in insurance here?

Cheapest way to get started is to buy a list and start cold calling, but that's a lot of work.

A List of people with policies already? What kind of list is this?

Just a cold calling list. For FE a lot of folks are using 60-80 year olds and then picking a geography. You can use an income filter, but by design those are typically fairly unreliable.

A lot of new agents will do that, even if it doesn't yield great results, it's a really cheap way to practice on the phone instead of using more expensive leads.

I see you are a VOL too? Are you in Knoxville as well? Small world. Are you in insurance here?

Knoxville has got to be an FE wonderland.

I've spent some time there working with funeral homes on preneed. I would just start door to door if I were you.

Knoxville has got to be an FE wonderland.

I've spent some time there working with funeral homes on preneed. I would just start door to door if I were you.

No longer in Knoxville and not an FE agent. But I can attest, there are plenty of homes just like JD describes in Knox and surrounding counties. You can get down with the worst stories agent's describe.

I bet you didn't ever think you would come on here and ask about leads and have everyone telling you that you need to cold call! But it's true. Cold calling, knocking doors, are the best leads. Referrals as well.

Back