Google Core Update Site Ranking

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
“One way to think of how a core update operates is to imagine you made a list of the top 100 movies in 2015. A few years later in 2019, you refresh the list. It’s going to naturally change. Some new and wonderful movies that never existed before will now be candidates for inclusion. You might also reassess some films and realize they deserved a higher place on the list than they had before. The list will change, and films previously higher on the list that move down aren’t bad. There are simply more deserving films that are coming before them,” Google wrote.

In other words, update and refresh your material

Google advice on improving your site's ranking for future core ranking update - Search Engine Land

I generally go through my website's content at least once every couple of months to ensure all of the information is relevant and up to date. I think the correct phrase for that is "evergreen content," meaning it stays 'evergreen' and always relevant.

I also try avoiding writing about anything that has to do with current events, as they will no longer be relevant after the event occurs, and thus will be taking up space on your site.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back