Google SEO Starter Guide

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
New and updated.

An SEO ("search engine optimization") expert is someone trained to improve your visibility on search engines. By following this guide, you should learn enough to be well on your way to an optimized site. In addition to that, you may want to consider hiring an SEO professional that can help you audit your pages.

Deciding to hire an SEO is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time. Make sure to research the potential advantages of hiring an SEO, as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide - Search Console Help

Appreciate the share Bob. I found the guide to be less than worth, especially when it comes to offsite link building. Some geat resources for onsite SEO (keyword targeting, optimized images, meta descriptions, etc.) are:
For off-page SEO (linkbuilding, brand promotion, etc.) you can't go wrong with these guys:
Hope these help!

Thanks Justin.

Always appreciate your insight and comments. However I will take exception to your observation that the guide is "less than worth".

Considering it is available at no charge I would presume it has some redeeming value. :biggrin:

Thanks Justin.

Always appreciate your insight and comments. However I will take exception to your observation that the guide is "less than worth".

Considering it is available at no charge I would presume it has some redeeming value. :biggrin:
Thanks Somarco. And to anyone else: never criticize some who is trying to help.

I do find this guide to be good for those that are just starting in SEO. Along with the links that Justin has posted. Yoast is a strong player in the SEO field. It is as Justin Said though, it is a starter guide. For someone that is trying to really increase their performance that guide alone won't cut it. Thanks for all the resources shared here :)

I also enjoy reading on the ahrefsblog: SEO Basics: How to Grow Traffic When You Know Nothing About SEO

I do find this guide to be good for those that are just starting in SEO. Along with the links that Justin has posted. Yoast is a strong player in the SEO field. It is as Justin Said though, it is a starter guide. For someone that is trying to really increase their performance that guide alone won't cut it. Thanks for all the resources shared here :)

I also enjoy reading on the ahrefsblog: SEO Basics: How to Grow Traffic When You Know Nothing About SEO

Ahrefs is a good blog, problem is, almost every post is about using their tool...

Going forward this will pay dividends for SEO.

1. strategy
2. long tail keywords
3. **content**

No longer will organizations be able to game the system so to speak with cheap and phony tricks.

The organizations that focus on providing the best UI and content will win going forward.

-an ex-Googler

Back