Google-Something Strange

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I've noticed something kind of strange on google. Today I typed in Blue Cross of MI. When I looked at the results that came up it listed the Blue Cross of Michigan website in the middle section, not the advertising section. When I clicked on it, it took me to one of those internet lead type sites. You know, the one that says get your free quote now, fill in your age/zip. I hit the back button and clicked on the link for Blue Cross of Mi again...the exact same one that I clicked on in the first place..and this time it took me to the Blue Cross site. It looks like the first time I clicked on the link, it hijacked the link somehow. It only will do it once.

I've had this happen a couple of times lately when I google something. I get taken somewhere else. There pretty slick about it, it won't do it again, only once.

Give it a try....type in an insurance company at google and see what happens when you click on the link. Like I said, it won't do it numurous times,only once

I always wondered on the internet leads, how could these people get an internet lead site confused with the insurance company they were looking for...this might be why

update...I just googled dental insurance. When it listed the results it had aetna.com. I clicked on it and it didn't take me to aetna, it took me to a different site. I hit the back button and clicked on aetna's link again. This time it took me to aetna's website.

Last edited:
Yeah, I work for one of those large insurance agencies that does only telesales. I've always wondered why everyone thinks I'm calling form UHC

Back