Google-Something Strange

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I posted this in senior insurance, but I thought I'd post it here as well....

I've noticed something kind of strange on google. Today I typed in Blue Cross of MI. When I looked at the results that came up it listed the Blue Cross of Michigan website in the middle section, not the advertising section. When I clicked on it, it took me to one of those internet lead type sites. You know, the one that says get your free quote now, fill in your age/zip. I hit the back button and clicked on the link for Blue Cross of Mi again...the exact same one that I clicked on in the first place..and this time it took me to the Blue Cross site. It looks like the first time I clicked on the link, it hijacked the link somehow. It only will do it once.

I've had this happen a couple of times lately when I google something. I get taken somewhere else. There pretty slick about it, it won't do it again, only once.

Give it a try....type in an insurance company at google and see what happens when you click on the link. Like I said, it won't do it numurous times,only once

I always wondered on the internet leads, how could these people get an internet lead site confused with the insurance company they were looking for...this might be why

Update...I just googled dental insurance. When it listed the results it had aetna.com. I clicked on it and it didn't take me to aetna, it took me to a different site. I hit the back button and clicked on aetna's link again. This time it took me to aetna's website.

no, i know the sponsered listing are listed at the top and to the right. These are the listings in the middle. Type in dental insurance on google and then hit enter. When you see aetna.com listed in the middle click on it and see where it takes you. Like I said, it dosn't do it all of the time, it usually will only do it once. It might explain how the internet leads are getting confused and filling out those forms

try it chumps from oxford and come back and tell me what happened

I just tried it again, I typed in Priority Health Medicare Advantage, I clicked on the site for priorityhealth.com and this is the link it took me to.....

Medicare Advantage | Lowest US Prices | Buy Medicare Advantage at DealParty.com

If you hit the back button and click on priorityhealth.com it will take you to the real priorith health website. Maybe I have some weird virus on my computer, that's why i'm asking you to try it

Last edited:
I tried it with several searches, all took me to the correctly listed web address.

You need to run an anti-virus scan on your computer. Years ago mine was doing stuff like that and it turned out the be adware/malware.

I was wondering if maybe it was my computer. I just noticed in the last week that I get sent to sites that I'm not even clicking on

I was wondering if maybe it was my computer. I just noticed in the last week that I get sent to sites that I'm not even clicking on
That is the new "Google Predictive Clicker". It takes you where it wants
I wonder how much extra they had to pay Google to hijack those sites and re-route them to their quote page.

That is the new "Google Predictive Clicker". It takes you where it wants
I wonder how much extra they had to pay Google to hijack those sites and re-route them to their quote page.
????????

Can you explain? When I click on a carrier site in the main screen under my search term I don't now nor have never had any other site come up but the one I selected. I just did it again and checked 10 different search terms and in all cases the carrier's website AS LISTED came up when I clicked on it.

I have NEVER had another dummy site come up when I click on the link listed on google for that search term.

It's called th Google HiJack Virus. You can download TDSSKiller and it should very quickly fix your system. Type in TDSSKiller in Google and it should be the top entry.

I posted this in senior insurance, but I thought I'd post it here as well....

I've noticed something kind of strange on google. Today I typed in Blue Cross of MI. When I looked at the results that came up it listed the Blue Cross of Michigan website in the middle section, not the advertising section. When I clicked on it, it took me to one of those internet lead type sites. You know, the one that says get your free quote now, fill in your age/zip. I hit the back button and clicked on the link for Blue Cross of Mi again...the exact same one that I clicked on in the first place..and this time it took me to the Blue Cross site. It looks like the first time I clicked on the link, it hijacked the link somehow. It only will do it once.

I've had this happen a couple of times lately when I google something. I get taken somewhere else. There pretty slick about it, it won't do it again, only once.

Give it a try....type in an insurance company at google and see what happens when you click on the link. Like I said, it won't do it numurous times,only once

I always wondered on the internet leads, how could these people get an internet lead site confused with the insurance company they were looking for...this might be why

Update...I just googled dental insurance. When it listed the results it had aetna.com. I clicked on it and it didn't take me to aetna, it took me to a different site. I hit the back button and clicked on aetna's link again. This time it took me to aetna's website.

Sounds like you computer is infected with a worm (virus)

Back