Google Voice - Ring Central

crimsontideagent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am looking at a virtual phone number system - mainly to route marketing responses through and use as my "one" number. I've read and heard a lot about RingCentral and seems quality. I haven't heard a lot of real world feedback on Google Voice. Both basically handle the same call routing voicemail, features.

Feedback...?

I've used both. I ditched Ring Central upon the realization that I don't need a 800 number. I've very happy with Google Voice and yes, it'll route your calls to any phone you choose.

The VM to text translation is very cool. What's nice about GV is when I make outbound calls I can set it to display my GV number, instead of my cell or work phone. That really works well when I want to call someone without them knowing my cell number.

You can make groups. So for example, one group is family, another is friends and another is clients. Each can get forwarded to a different number or VM message.

I've used both. I ditched Ring Central upon the realization that I don't need a 800 number. I've very happy with Google Voice and yes, it'll route your calls to any phone you choose.

The VM to text translation is very cool. What's nice about GV is when I make outbound calls I can set it to display my GV number, instead of my cell or work phone. That really works well when I want to call someone without them knowing my cell number.

You can make groups. So for example, one group is family, another is friends and another is clients. Each can get forwarded to a different number or VM message.

Also, don't forget about which could quite possibly be my favorite feature:

Call Block.

It's great! I love it, sick of telemarketing calls? Block their number and they will hear a recording that says this number has been disconnected or is out of service.

I used Ring Central for years and loved it. But in the end, it's more geared towards larger businesses where calls need to be routed to various departments.

For me, far too many people were using my toll free number to call which was really started to rack up annoying charges.

I used Ring Central for years and loved it. But in the end, it's more geared towards larger businesses where calls need to be routed to various departments.

For me, far too many people were using my toll free number to call which was really started to rack up annoying charges.

Yeah, they don't offer an unlimited plan for 800 numbers from what I could see.

My main concern when choosing a VOIP provider is uptime or whatever you call it.

I've wondered is the voip quality better with RingCentral vs someone like 2Line/Toktumi( $14.95/mo unlimited min 800 #'s)?

Huh? My ringcentral account is unlimited 800 number minutes. I do pay for the business version though. I have NEVER been dinged for extra minutes.

If I could change my google voice number to be my business number, I would consider switching to use google voice. Instead, I just use my google voice number as my outbound caller id when I telemarket.

My only issue with ringcentral is they don't subscribe to CNAM, which is the name lookup based on caller id. For some reason that is annoying to me, though it works like most cell phones, as you build the contact list, it does look up callers in there.

Dan

Hmm, now you have me wondering if this has changed since I signed up, or if the 1000 minutes that are included in the price is more than I use for incoming 800 minutes, so I just never really worried about it.

I tried to check my account, couldn't find anywhere that said what my calling limits are. I know the 'unlimited' calling is really 5000 minutes or so. Or is it 10000? It's more than I use in a normal use month for phone calls.

Ironically, I used to think an 800 number had value. Not so much anymore. 2 things have happened, almost everyone has unlimited calling plans (at least no charge for long distance) at home and their cell phones AND with all of the extra area codes, nobody understands where the call is coming from anyway.

I could live without an 800 number. I have one, won't change that, but I wouldn't jump out to get one anymore.

Dan

Back