Google Voice to Protect Against the DNCL

BillyC

Expert
Hey guys interesting question today:

Is anyone successfully calling "under the radar" when cold calling?

The reason I bring this is up, is that I'm really excited now that I'm no longer a captive agent and can market anywhere. For me Missouri and Iowa are new territories...

Within a 250mile radius of my location, i can now get around 1,200 names AND NUMBERS of seniors turning 65 EACH MONTH. This is HUGE for me.
That's like getting 300 fresh prospects to call every week.

My only concern is a lot of these numbers are on the DNCL.
Now, I have been callign on this list already, because I've already did my SAN waiver number or what not, but now that I'm going to be doing this (hopefully) consistently and on a relatively large scale... i don't want to get busted by a senior reporting me for Illegal telemarketing... it sounds so evil doesn't it?

Anyway I've thought of using google voice or a Burner... I am beginning working part time at a phone store (sales associate), so I'll learn more about that later..

Does any one on here do something sneaky like what I'm mentioning? and if you don't want to get in trouble just PM me. That's if you trust me of course.

Or you could just make a new account on the forums and spill the beans.. idk I'm just gathering ideas.

your input is highly encouraged and appreciated!
Thanks!

If you're going to take that approach you might as well just set money aside for when they try to take you to small claims court for $500-$1500. If you're using a dialer that's another story, but if you're dialing by hand and want to take on the risk, that's the most likely exposure you have. Please don't confuse this with me saying it's a good idea, because I don't think it is, but that's the approach a lot of agents use.

Using a burner phone doesn't really matter because if someone wants to sue you they'll play along, get your info, maybe even set an appointment, and then they'll go after you. There are folks that do this professional and that's what they're all about.

I would LOVE to see where someone was sued successfully in small claims court for $500-1,500 for calling someone who was on the DNC list.

Not that I don't believe it could happen. Just don't know that it has.

Please, actual links not conjecture.

Rick

I've sold people on the deck. And they refer their friends to me. I believe they really like me.., but who really knows... I take the risk cause I've tried it and have run into very few problems.
But I guess I'm on my own on this one.

Thanks anyway guys

You can't run or hide from illegal activity, you can however lower your risk in getting caught and what it cost you when you get caught.

The bottom line is you are the one that needs to rationalize your lie and your activities, if it is a means to an end for you than your call.

If you believe in your heart of hearts the only way you can survive or make a living in this business by breaking rules and laws then so be it, but at the end of the day that is pretty sad.

Just curious. What is the price difference in a scrubbed list of 1000 names vs one that isn't scrubbed?

Just curious. What is the price difference in a scrubbed list of 1000 names vs one that isn't scrubbed?

I charge members exactly the same price. About $49 less than the same lists used to be sold for here. Of course, the vendor told us that was a great deal.

Rick

Last edited:

I am not aware of a price difference between a scrubbed list and one that has not been scrubbed. There is a huge difference is the number of names you will receive between scrubbed and not scrubbed.

DNCL? So you are calling the democratic national convention list?

Instead of using a burner, why dont you just use an Obama phone? I mean, they are free

Latest posts

Back