Google Voice

justing

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I applied for a google voice account about a month ago, and yesterday I got an email that I had recieved an account.

If you are waiting for one, it should be soon.

Speaking of Google Voice, has anyone successfully used a softphone with GV, to make calls from a computer?

delay is too long when hanging up. It will keep ringing on the other side way after you've "terminated" the call.

I have a Google Voice number which I use a soft phone for incoming and outgoing calls. Here is a quick tutorial, if you need more help let me know.

Get an account with sipgate, they will give you 1 number for free. Put down the sipgate phone number as your forwarding # on GV. Then download Express Talk Softphone, also free edition. Then in the file menu of Express Talk click options then click Lines and there put in the settings for your Sipgate number. Then change caller id settings for sipgate to you GV #

1. Get Google Voice
2. Get free sipgate account
3. download Express Talk free edition softphone
4. make your GV forwarding # your Sipgate #
5. Express Talk, File/Options/Lines put in your SIPGATE Settings.( in your sipgate account click settings, then click SIPcredentials)
6. set your caller id for SIPGATE to your Google Voice #.

Free unlimited incoming and outgoing calls nationwide, with a softphone that you can directly dial on.

Hope that helps everybody out.

Back