Got any good marketing Tips?

I open the doors of my agency in August, we have been doing many of the right things but my cost-per-lead and cost-per-acquistion are extremely high. We have only been purchasing leads online for the usual suspects, netQuote, iLeads, etc.

I am considering door hangers, mass mailing, etc.:confused:

Any good strategies for P&C marketing, new school or old school?

Any advice/feedback is appreciated.

FYI - We're in Southern California....

Plenty of good ideas. Search the site for "marketing" and "leads." Also...there are some excellent threads on this subject, so go through the history of "Individual Health Insurance" for some good topic discussions.

I am a huge believer in online marketing. It would depend on the type of business you are writing. If you are writing health and life and have your own website. You can take a look at Pay Per Click campaigns with google, msn and yahoo. It must be done properly for it to work otherwise you are just going to spent a lot of money. I used to also go door to door in small business parks. It worked really well for me. How you approach makes a huge difference. If you disarm a person with saying something like "I do not want to take any of your time, I know you are probably busy..., blah, blah" I got lolots of clients like that when I started. Good Luck

Last edited:
Are you a captive or broker?

I would suggest taking "advantage" of the fires to help grow your business. Don't get me wrong my family lives down there, and I don't mean to really take advantage of anyone.

Just use the current realities on the ground to help you grow your business. Right now many of the larger Agents are still dealing with losses, client complaints etc. You also have a good 2-3 months when people will be more receptive to any marketing message that you have about protecting your home.

I would shoot for trying to grow your homeowners, as if you get the house you can also get the Auto etc. Do something different that you are not seeing in the market.

People view Insurance as a price, but at times like this it is easier to convince them that there is VALUE in looking into their program, so that if disaster strikes they do not loose money. That is normally a hard sell if you rate is higher, but right now it would be much easier to share that message.

If you market or prospect using methods that just attract price shoppers, then you will die by price shoppers.

If you call, hand out fliers, do mailers etc. Just make sure that you use a message of the value of reviewing their current plan.

NWInsurance

hey, I am trying telemarketing agencies.
they cold call for you.

go to yahoo or google, and type in "outsourcing telemarketers"

Back