Got Appointed With Few Companies. I Need Help.

arkansaslr

Expert
Ok ladies and Gents

I signed on with a company a month ago after I thought I was making the right choice...

I'm Appointed with:

Foresters..
Mutual of Omaha
United Home Life
GTL
Forethought
and
Care Improvement Plus

Here's the problem.... I was sold on the fantasy that they have a Lead program ...now I know that I can't rely solely on leads but they do help getting started...

2nd problem..

I have received 3 leads that were dated 4 months old and all I am given is a telephone and salesgenie list and told to get 15 appointments... I believe in prospecting but I feel completely bamboozled.....

And to make it worse I am getting pimped on commish... only 60% on life and way less on everything else..

I love helping the people that I have helped but feel like i'm being completely taken advantage of...

I don't want to give up on the business but need some guidance
I fear if I go somewhere else I will not be able to get re-appointed

Please advise...

Good news for you and bad news for you, we'll start with the bad and end on a positive note.

The bad news is that those are some fairly competitive carriers. Also in the bad news column is that you were sold on a fantasy about how much you can make and what work would be involved. As if it couldn't be worse, you probably are going to need some time to get contracts moved over and money for marketing. Whew, now that we got through the bad news, on with the good. There actually is a lot of good news.

Good news: Good chance that if you didn't write business with some of those carriers that you can change contracts, at least on the life and maybe on the supp. On the MA side things are so dicey with marketing anyway, that's not a great market to be starting off on (anymore) so no love lost there.
More good news, there are tons of other carriers you can work with (have to make sure based on the state, but as long as it's not NY you're probably in good shape).
More good news, I don't know why you're saying you won't be able to get appointed, but unless something has happened (open bankruptcy, serious crime charge like stealing from a senior, etc) you're probably fine. May need to wait out 6-24 months (not usually more than 6 months), but you can probably even get all of your carriers again. More good news, if you're going to pay for and/or do your own marketing, you can get much higher comp. If you want to cold call your marketing costs are going to be super low (figure a few hundred for a marketing list and another hundred or so for a predictive dialer like mojo) so your ROI can be really good.
Also in the good news column is your on here and you're asking for help, so there are tons of folks that can help you with contracts, finding cheap data, avoiding rip-off lead companies, knowing what to expect, etc, so all in all it could be much worse.

Hopefully that's a start, I'm sure more advice is coming :)

You ARE getting a bad deal unless you are getting FREE leads or some type of benefits.
You can leave and you don't need ANY of those companies
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You will eventually want to pick up MOO for med sups but you can easily go 6 months without them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments..... I feel like i've been craped and would have probally stayed there waiting on more of those LEADS if not for this Board..... Thanks so much

A new year is coming soon, get set and go!!

Thanks for the comments..... I feel like i've been craped and would have probally stayed there waiting on more of those LEADS if not for this Board..... Thanks so much

Back