Got to Be a Quicker Way: Comparing Med Adv F2f

It seems like every year CMS becomes more like the Stasi, and the consequences of messing up and getting secret shopped are dumb to say the least.

Going through every point in a presentation, and then having to do it for another company...makes for too long of an appt, its sapping my time up.

How do you guys compare multiple adv plans on one f2f and do it quickly? Any tips? Or do you even compare more than one plan?

Supps are sooooo much easier, just got two in over the weekend that I mailed the apps to back in May, talk about EASY!

There is no way to be compliant if you need to discuss 2 plans. I don't even bother anymore.

I tell people "this is the plan I recommend" and explain why their benefits are better than the 2nd choice.

The spirit of the law is followed. Nobody can do this in a compliant manner and see more than 1 person in a week.

I do ask if they want me to review with a fine tooth comb or just summarize. Puts the burden on the client and if he/she is a secret shopper so be it.

Rick

I do the comparison before I even get there. Get their doctor (s), get their drug list, do comparison on Medicare.gov. Send them the medicare.gov comparison direct to email (copied/pasted).

I don't set the appointment until I know what plan I'm enrolling them in.

Having said that, I'm leaning toward Med Supps from now on, I'm so over Medicare Advantage.

There is no way to be compliant if you need to discuss 2 plans.

You make it sound so simple. Do you know anyone that shows agents how to sell Medicare plans and be compliant?

I do the comparison before I even get there. Get their doctor (s), get their drug list, do comparison on Medicare.gov. Send them the medicare.gov comparison direct to email (copied/pasted).

I don't set the appointment until I know what plan I'm enrolling them in.

Having said that, I'm leaning toward Med Supps from now on, I'm so over Medicare Advantage.

Because CMS ,the Mother of all sales prevention departments, decided in their infinite wisdom to disable the email to others function that use to be available on Medicare.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare I to find myself copying a pasting results on emails to consumers every now and then however I believe this is non compliant because it is considered an alteration of the original content. However just to be a little safer I do only do this to show results of one particular drug plan but I never do this when showing a comparison of products .

You're not breaking compliance by educating people how to use Medicare.gov.

IMO, it's fastest way to narrow down the choices based on their drugs and providers.

Though I sometimes think once I teach them how to use it, they may no longer have any use for me.:swoon:

You're not breaking compliance by educating people how to use Medicare.gov.

IMO, it's fastest way to narrow down the choices based on their drugs and providers.

Though I sometimes think once I teach them how to use it, they may no longer have any use for me.:swoon:

Yes I understand CMS doesn't mind if agents hold a workshop for consumers on navigating the medicare.gov website however what was I was referring to was when using medicare.gov data as a sales tool then the data is supposed to shown in it's original format whether it's in HTML or PDF .When pasting just the plan information plan we think is important to consumer from medicare.gov on to email to send to consumer I believe that would me considering altering or editing and that's where there could be a compliance problem especially if showing plan comparisons .

Most people I have given the drug list ID and password to go look for themselves cant ever find figure it out so that why it such a shame we can't send link via email directly from medicare.gov anymore

It seems like every year CMS becomes more like the Stasi, and the consequences of messing up and getting secret shopped are dumb to say the least. Going through every point in a presentation, and then having to do it for another company...makes for too long of an appt, its sapping my time up. How do you guys compare multiple adv plans on one f2f and do it quickly? Any tips? Or do you even compare more than one plan? Supps are sooooo much easier, just got two in over the weekend that I mailed the apps to back in May, talk about EASY!

Prospect has 3 docs and 5 Rx's.

You broker for... Let's say... 12 MAPD plans from 5 carriers.

Step 1 - narrow by docs - should take 10 mins or so to look up 3 docs w/ 5 carriers.

Hopefully, all 3 docs are ONLY with 2 or 3 carriers.

Step 2 - narrow by Rx's - run their Rx's, save the code in your CRM. Know which one gives lowest cost.

Ask about specific hospitals, HMO referral preference, dental, hearing, silver sneakers, carrier preference, etc. in essence, some of the small details which can make the difference.

Present 1 plan. Try to narrow it down to One before you present anything.

I do everything I can to "figure out a way" to narrow it down to just one. Or, to put it a different way, find a reason to "throw out" an option.

One HMO requires referrals and another doesn't. One has SS, other doesn't. Whatever.

If they say, why not company "A"?

Say, "I thought about that option, but they
<require referrals> /
<have a higher OOP max> /
<don't give you free glasses and we talked about vision coverage> /
<have higher Rx copays> ...

Fill in the blank.

At the end - they still want to shop around? Shouldn't happen. But if it does...find out what you missed and re-iterate that you've done your best to narrow it down to a good fit - you can show other options, but they didn't "seem to fit as well for you based on what we talked about."

Are you presenting plans before asking a series of good questions?

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Latest posts

Back