GR Stopped Maternity Benefits in TX As of Today

Anyone else confirm this?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Looks like it is off my quote link... Nice I did not get the memo (again).

Last edited:
It's not just TX, but nationwide.

Just spoke to UHC.

Bye Bye Maternity.

Bye Bye 24 month rate locks.

What's next?

I sold mostly UHC maternity plans for some time. It was actually one of the better ones offered in GA for the price.

Guess I won't be selling it any more.

We just learned that as of last Thursday, UHC will no longer offer child only plans. You have to be at least 19 to get a policy with them individually. You can still put kids on a family plan.

still put kids on a family plan.

Very soon, those rates won't be pretty.

I had a long talk with GR yesterday about this. "Upper management" sent an internal memo out at COB Thursday about the change (no more kiddie plans).

It seems someone leaked this info to the agents before GR put out an official release. I had to find out through my Humana rep.

Humana was going to roll out some new plans this summer but now will wait until fall. At least at this time they are still offering child only plans but like everyone else, the rates are expected to rise significantly by this fall.

Too bad this is going to hit the fan right before the November elections.

Too bad this is going to hit the fan right before the November elections.

I'm not sure if this was said in jest or not (You need Ed's new version of WebSarcasm, version 4.3 I believe) but if the GOP misses out on this, they need to disband. When no one who makes less than $100 grand can afford insurance, with 2 years to go until the subsidies, we will see an "emergency" enactment of Obamacare. Open the floodgates on Medicare and/or Medicaid.

The GOP can place the blame for these huge increases square on the shoulders of the Dems.

Latest posts

Back