Great American Exits the LTC Market

We still have our FE for them here in FL. The med supp is gone for us though and we have known LTCi was going to be dropped a couple of months ago.
They still hold an "A" excellent rating, maybe they are just banking on the Senior Benefits Division to bring in all the money??

They exited the underwritten Life Business a couple of years ago, Dropped FE, Now LTC and Med Supp isn't competative...My guess would be they might be banking on their school division and 403(b)s....

I didn't even know GA was in the LTC business. I just sent them a big FA case because GA's Legend II product was the best fit.

They exited the underwritten Life Business a couple of years ago, Dropped FE, Now LTC and Med Supp isn't competative...My guess would be they might be banking on their school division and 403(b)s....

lol, I just got the email today about dropping FE. They will no longer take apps after Dec. 21

Why would someone sign up for an LTC policy that is not being supported by the company? Nothing to stop them from raising rates on policyholders in the future...and if they're not trying to earn new business, is much more likely to happen. Eff that.

Back