Great Article and Tactic for Disability

Who buys di seriously ? Its A harder sale than life maybe only one in twenty who express interest buy it seriously

What's funny is it seems harder and the underwriting decisions can make it tough but it is a need that people have. You have to believe in the need and understand that you don't need a major condition to put you out of work.

My personal story is I am transitioning to phone sales after being told by my doctor to limit my driving time to no more than 30 minutes in the car followed by at least 15 minutes out of the car walking around this is following 3 episodes over the last year and a half where I am laid up for a week at a time on muscle relaxtors and pain need.

You have a frank conversation with people and they do buy STD talk to an electrician and ask him/her if they will be wiring that house job next week if they walk out the door today slip on the ice and break thier leg or thier ARM, or it could be a car accident all without even getting into heart attacks and efiled and other medical conditions.

Norway agreed but nobody buys traditional di maybe accident only di but traditional di is too expensive and underwritin ur correct is too nitpicky all di underwriting sucks

HealthGuy said:
Norway agreed but nobody buys traditional di maybe accident only di but traditional di is too expensive and underwritin ur correct is too nitpicky all di underwriting sucks

I will agree on underwriting...On a side note are all woman nuts? It seems like every woman I submit for DI is prescribed at least one drug used for depression.

About it being to expensive I get a persons attention by figuring out what class they are and if smoker or nonsmoker and say the costs START at x cents per day. I use the minimum issue amount I believe $300 monthly with MoO figure monthly cost divide by 30 and show starting costs then we figure out what they really need monthly figure out a benefit period anywhere from 3 months to 2 years and present the final figure of:

For x amount of benefit and I express it in dollars example 1k per month 24 month benefit period I say for 24k in coverage it costs you x per day and it always less than a cup of coffee (though I might need to go from the conveniece store coffee to Starbucks :) ). People will buy if they feel the price is too high I suggest a starter policy now and reduce benefit period.

My biggest wish is for an e-app for Di MoO has it for med Supps and some life I never can figure out why they don't include DI LTC and annuities in there if for the only reason of making more apps be in good order.

Good stuff Norway ! analysis is spot on Golden Rule health has nice di eapps for accident only di and traditional di..maybe its jist me but much more success with accident only di than di for any reason...people foolishly think they will have accidents but not health issues that lead to a disability....I thought obamacare had di benefits in the bronze package!? Just kidding

I have found the key is making it affordable. Think $40 to $60 per monthly premiums with 2 to 5 year benefit periods. I tell the story of my active, fit client in his fifties who got M.S. and quickly went from $350K to the $60K policy I sold him (luckily a to age 67 policy). Without it, he would have been screwed. Ask them how they would pay their bills if their income stopped, then show three options. I am not a DI guru by any means, but I average 2 to 3 per month just by asking about it.

I have become a much bigger cheerleader for DI. I have not been in an accident, I have not had a heart attack or stroke but have had some back problems and been advised to spend less than time in the car (I won't go into details). I have seen what happens when I lose a couple weeks of prospecting and then have to change the way I do business.

Who buys di seriously ? Its A harder sale than life maybe only one in twenty who express interest buy it seriously

It would seem to me that Contractors (electricians, plumbers, iron workers, Dangerous occupations, etc) would be key to target for this product.

No?

Why would someone who trims trees for a living...not get disability insurance?

Back