Great Info in New Article on Digital Marketing

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Insurance Forums Contributing Editor Chuck Hirsch, CLU’s latest article is now posted on the home page, and it has a ton of great insight from highly respected digital marketing experts Ryan Pinney and Nic West. Here’s a small sampling, but if you are at all interested in learning more about the potential of digital marketing and how best to integrate it into your overall marketing plan - from a pair of guys who are doing it very well - I encourage you to read the complete article at the link below.

And please feel free to share your thoughts experiences with digital marketing on this thread.

1. “I am an exclusive digital marketer for the purposes of initial lead acquisition. I do, however, send direct mail to clients for the purposes of cross-selling or referral generation in combination with other digital efforts. I also use direct mail in combination with email to communicate with my existing client base around topics like conversions and policy reviews.”
- Nic West, Pinney Insurance Center

2. “One of the challenges a digital marketer faces is keeping up with search engine algorithms. Prior to early 2012, the best way to do this was through link building. As a result, our largest consumer website had an extensive collection of backlinks. But once Google began implementing penalties for sites with overly optimized link profiles, suddenly everything that had helped us was now hurting us. We had to backtrack and find new ways to stay visible online—social media helped a lot with this. If I were doing it again, I’d worry less about specific search engine algorithms and more about building a solid marketing funnel.”
- Ryan J. Pinney, CSFP, Pinney Insurance Center

3. “[Digital marketing] Traffic can come from pay-per-click, paid email marketing, retargeting, and organically. Those without a stomach for risk will think SEO is the way to go—you couldn’t be further from the truth, and unless you are a next-generation SEO marketer, you are wasting your time.”
- Nic West

4. “At the moment, our most untapped potential is in using analytics and ‘Big Data’ to refine our marketing funnels. It’s one thing to create content that describes your product or service. It’s another thing to create a free guide explaining what that product or service can do for a client, add interested readers to a mailing list, and reach out to people with more information, offers, and webinar invitations so they can really get a feel for what you offer.”
- Ryan Pinney

5. “Retargeting traffic with display ads has been crucial for my digital marketing efforts. Retargeting is basically adding a cookie to the browser of a visitor that didn’t convert the first time on my website. With the cookie, I can continue to ‘follow’ them around the Internet, displaying my ads on sites they frequent. Since they have visited my brand before and they are seeing my brand again, they are likely to reengage in the buying process with me versus another source.”
- Nic West

Insurance Forums | Harnessing the power of digital marketing: Using non-traditional tools to sell a traditional product

Back