Great ways to make money, when you're broke

Re: Ways to make money, when you're broke.

I started flat broke, zero sales experience (or life experience for that matter), never got any training when I started, and everything including life insurance was "as earned". The odds were certainly against me. I was horrible on the phone, had no real natural market, had a shy personality, and very little product knowledge. Three years later I'm still here!

Too bad.

If you had waited 3 yrs to start you could have had your choice of trainers . . .

Seriously, congratulations. Advances are just another word for loan. If you don't make it, you are deeper in debt than before.

Few people have the ability to make it as earned. You are to be commended.

Well it's nice that we've moved from "broke people have no business coming into the field" to "you're to be commended"

M&M-----------please pop out of the funk you are living in--------------you sound like your picture looks!

Life is good:jiggy:Have some fun-----enjoy!

well guys in the great state of WA the main players pay once a month and have a cut off date for submitted premiums. So yes, if your client is a couple days late, it bumps your commission to the next month. Plus "as earned".

My point really and it is very honest, if you need money "fast" this ain't the industry to find it overall. Be honest.

Yes, there are some that pay quickly but the bulk of carriers don't pay all that quick.

I am talking about the time from taking the app (WA doesn't allow CWA anymore), going to underwriting, getting approval, the carrier sending a bill and the insured paying it... alot more than 10 days are gonna pass. no? Usually about 15-20 days, a bill is generated and depending on how fast the client pays the bill, you'll see a commission check next month. Usually though it is more like 60-90 days to get caught up. of course your mileage will vary. It is also why I will only pay a $1 for health leads here. Different market here, alot of your carriers won't write in WA.

You've all got to admit though there are easier occupations to get a check from, and if a person is strapped for cash, can they hold out through licensing (forgot about that) and then getting out and cold calling to get biz. all the while in competition with people like yourselves who know the products forward and backward? Not impossible, but certainly not an easy go....

Where are you finding leads for a buck? I haven't seen that for years unless you are talking about the smokers with a BMI of 40, a six way bypass and dragging an oxygen tank.

Where are you finding leads for a buck? I haven't seen that for years unless you are talking about the smokers with a BMI of 40, a six way bypass and dragging an oxygen tank.

No problemo in Maryland, New York, Maine, Cuba...

Rick

Actually MD is where it's ineffective due to MHIP. Since you're in GA let me explain MHIP - we offer everyone health insurance regardless of health.

Exactly right Robliano

but...
please give us slow learners out here
a reminder to:

have and use a Comfortable phone script before seeking such results!

A good script can be easily found or made up but needs to be rehearsed until it sounds natural.

The "broke" agent needs to slow down, take a deep breath and get ready before asking people to meet with him/her as you show.

Thanks
Slim

That would be . . .

2. A system of selling

A presentation is included in an efficient system of selling, I should have made that clear, thanks for the heads up!

Back