Great ways to make money, when you're broke

Re: Ways to make money, when you're broke.

Sorry to have brought the thread back to what it was about, LOL.
:)

Right!
Effective marketing brings in results .
Message.
Media.
Method.
Put it all together with M&M's help & Rob's help (and others) piece by piece no matter how long it takes if you have the desire.

the $1 leads was a hometown quote promotion for trying their other lines. I also signed up for group, annuities, DI along with individual health.. picked up about 30 leads. I will write a few of them, most aren't worth a buck though.

Alot of these leads have no budget for health insurance to begin with. "I don't want to spend over $35 a month." (yea got several in that vien.) They have no plan for paying so really not the best and certainly not worth full price. Not HTQ fault, just the demographic here.

the $1 leads was a hometown quote promotion for trying their other lines. I also signed up for group, annuities, DI along with individual health.. picked up about 30 leads. I will write a few of them, most aren't worth a buck though.

Alot of these leads have no budget for health insurance to begin with. "I don't want to spend over $35 a month." (yea got several in that vien.) They have no plan for paying so really not the best and certainly not worth full price. Not HTQ fault, just the demographic here.

What part of Washington? I used to live in Seattle... I never sold insurance there... still sold in TX when I lived there. I think the insurance department in Olympia is run by like 4 people. I got the same lady every time I would call down there...

Re: Ways to make money, when you're broke

"I don't want to spend over $35 a month."

Yeah, I get that too. Mostly from folks who don't have insurance and haven't had it for years.

My response?

Here's my number. Let me know when you find that plan because I probably have a thousand people or more looking for the same thing.

I started flat broke, zero sales experience (or life experience for that matter), never got any training when I started, and everything including life insurance was "as earned". The odds were certainly against me. I was horrible on the phone, had no real natural market, had a shy personality, and very little product knowledge. Three years later I'm still here! Won't say it was easy, probably the most difficult thing I've ever had to go through. However, if you have a fierce desire to succeed you will find a way.

Delta76, you have shown your true character and I know you have worked hard and applied yourself.

If I was truly broke I would find a second job I could work off hours and I would sign on with someone who would provide me with leads or I would cold walk businesses. Once I had things moving I would drop the second job.

Re: Ways to make money, when you're broke

There was a time I was completely broke but by thinking outside the box (so to speak), I earned $100,000.

I sold my virginity on ebay.

Rick

Back