Great Western vs. AIG... since GW's transition

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
Great Western recently went through some changes... struggling right now to understand why I would use them rather then just write AIG at this point...

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this...

Great Western recently went through some changes... struggling right now to understand why I would use them rather then just write AIG at this point...

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this...
I never got into writing GWIC. I wrote Gerber, then switched to AIG. Lately, though, I’ve been placing most of my difficult cases with United Life Graded Benefit.They’re not absolutely guaranteed, but very nearly. Chargeback rules are a little tough, but the fact that it pays 50% of face in second year sways me toward using it for the client’s sake.

I never got into writing GWIC. I wrote Gerber, then switched to AIG. Lately, though, I’ve been placing most of my difficult cases with United Life Graded Benefit.They’re not absolutely guaranteed, but very nearly. Chargeback rules are a little tough, but the fact that it pays 50% of face in second year sways me toward using it for the client’s sake.

How do the rates compare between the two?

AIG’s billing is really suspect.
Gerber making you print marketing material is lame.
GWIC just doesn’t notify agents well with problems. It seems if a carrier wanted to master the worst block of the FE business they could. Heck, none offer Wednesday billing!

I just ran quotes at age 65 for male and female. AIG was $2-3 higher in both cases.

I like UL better for a couple of reasons:
1. Graded (1st Year ROP, 2nd Year 50% of face)
2. Direct monthly billing is available (which is helpful for me and my clientele).
3. Good, easily navigated website that includes current policy info for all your clients.
4. Super easy to work with, even if a little old fashioned and quirky in their processes.

Drawbacks are:
1. no e-app.
2. longer chargeback period - 13 months for death or lapse (unless death is accidental)
3. No direct express
4. no Wednesday billing

Is there some truth that of all you write is there guaranteed issue biz they will terminate you for not sending any level business.

Back