GreatFlorida Insurance

manny79

Expert
Hi, I have been looking for different franchise options tostart an agency here in Florida. The only option that got my attention is Great Florida Insurance ,any advice?

Thanks

According to their website, you own the business.

-Who can you sell it to and does it need to be approved by them first? Can it be hiered to a family member?
-Will you be given an exclusive territory?
-Have you checked with any of the other franchisees to see if they are successful and if this company is running business properly?
-Will you have a franchise attorney look at the contracts before signing?

I'm not too familiar with a franchise, but I did own an agency and I was captive for 28 years...just a couple of things here that may help you.

Hi Jinc,

No still doing some research but they are definitly a great option. You own you business
You can pass it to a family member
They give you a exclusive territory
and they are on the top independent agents in the country so.... yes I will definitly give them a try. Still doing some research on the LIFE as I will be also selling L&H and they do not have contract with nobody.That is actually a possitive thing but I am looking for the details on that otherword (been captive is totally different) I need to know now is I need a rater like the autos or not and were to get the contracts.

Hi Jinc,

No still doing some research but they are definitly a great option. You own you business
You can pass it to a family member
They give you a exclusive territory
and they are on the top independent agents in the country so.... yes I will definitly give them a try. Still doing some research on the LIFE as I will be also selling L&H and they do not have contract with nobody.That is actually a possitive thing but I am looking for the details on that otherword (been captive is totally different) I need to know now is I need a rater like the autos or not and were to get the contracts.

Hello Manny,

E-mail me at [email protected] I have spoken with every franchise option in Florida and can give you some insite. Thank you and good luck.

Hi, I have been looking for different franchise options tostart an agency here in Florida. The only option that got my attention is Great Florida Insurance ,any advice?

Thanks

Hey Manny,

There are a few branches in my Area. Not sure how good they are doing though. Retail locations ---probably expensive rent.
There is also USA Florida Insurance...they are located just about EVERYWHERE here in S.fla.

What are the advantages of getting a franchise?

Thanks I am actually considering Great Florida, thy had offered me a great deal for P&C and will be doing the L&H with a IMO

Hi Jinc,

I haven't contract them yet but i know that they have almost all the major carriers and A rating companies in the area.

Back