Green Behind the Ears

BUCKEYE

I am now living San Diego. I have signed up with an agency (indepent), as I needed a quality company with someone that has been stable in the area for many years.

He will not supply my leads. That's o.k., he is not required to. My question is. He would like me to use another broker agency in addition to the main company I will be signing up with.

My question is: I already have a brokerage that I use some other miscellaneous companies with. I like do business with them. Do you think that I should go with his choice of brokerage. Or is it o.k. to stay with my brokerage firm and still sign up with his main company (not captive) to do my business with. The company that he offers is not offered in my brokerage firm and it will be nice to have a local company agent. Not sure if it is fair though for him to ask me to switch.

Also... what does it mean to annualize first year commissions if they are paid on monthly draft? Sorry for this ignorance.

No problem. It's pretty common on here.

Now that was pretty mean. But you did have it coming.

Buckeye, why don't you try posting again. This time, try not to ramble and use spellchecker. I'd say you'll have to give more information about this situation to get better advice.

As far as annualized commisions, that means if the client signs up for monthly draft, the company will pay you the entire year's commission up front. Some companies only do as earned commissions. That means the company pays you a portion of the commission each time they receive a payment.

It is either "WET behind the ears" or "Green" (as in Greenhorn) but not both together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckeye...this is pretty simple. The agency that you are signing up with has a relationship with a BGA (Brokerage General Agency). This agency places its business through one particular BGA. When you place business through the same BGA under the agency then the agency makes overied on your commission. Of cource he wants you to go through his BGA. Now if the agency is not giving you leads (call ins, advertising, abandend accounts, etc) then what are they offering you? Why even sign up with the agency if are independent and you can go directly to the broker yourself?

Back