Greetings from Texas!

msvina

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and to insurance... just got my life & health license. I came to this site while searching for information about IMO's. A couple of people I know have been trying to get me to check out NAA and ACA. I just want to research what my options are before I 'sign on the dotted line' I here a lot about people who after one year don't want to be agents anymore, but I really want to be a successful agent for a long time. Well, with all that said... I am going to finish checking out this site. I look forward to reading and posting here.

:)

wow.... um.... wow.... :err: I read every post and most of the links. I am glad I did. So my question would have to be how do you get appointed without becoming a captive agent and without using an IMO. Surely there are some reputable IMO's out there, just not sure if that is the avenue for me. I just want to know what my next step is and how to get there. I will continue to read and post. Thanks Sti... (may I call you Sti?)

wow.... um.... wow.... :err: I read every post and most of the links. I am glad I did. So my question would have to be how do you get appointed without becoming a captive agent and without using an IMO. Surely there are some reputable IMO's out there, just not sure if that is the avenue for me. I just want to know what my next step is and how to get there. I will continue to read and post. Thanks Sti... (may I call you Sti?)

To FINALLY answer your question, yes there are reputable FMOs and IMOs out there. The way to make certain they are honest is to have them give you a letter before you sign with them for any carrier that they will release you unconditionally.

I have this letter from a few honest organizations and don't think I'll ever exercise my option. But at least I have the option.

Once you have this letter, you can know with relative safety that if there is a better fit later on, you can take it.

Rick

P.S. Don't listen to anything anyone says on this forum. They are all insurance agents.

Latest posts

Back