Greetings!

Hello,

I’ve lurked and read these forums for a while. Figured it’s time to finally sign up. Just wanted to introduce myself. Mid 20s insurance professional here with 5 years experience in the industry. I worked in Claims(Injury/litigation) for 3 years and I’m now going on 3 years in Underwriting. Considering making a move to captive agency and opening my own office one day.(sooner than later given the stage in my life and experience I have so far)

Looking forward to being a part of the community! For those that have been around a while, any words of wisdom for a young buck like myself are greatly appreciated.

Welcome! Always glad to have a fellow golfer!

If you are a successful Agent, you will have a lot more time for golf vs. being an Underwriter!

Find a niche that you enjoy and you are good at. Then stick with it. Dont try to be a jack of all trades. Also, at your age, find something that you feel will be around 10/20/30 years from now... and will still require an agent to help a client through the process... and is not at risk of being regulated or legislated out of existence.

Back