Group Benefits Game Today

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
You would be group benefits brokers and those who can't cut the mustard but still want to lick the jar.

The game has changed-

It's no longer being an expert in health insurance. You have to know compliance, HR, and benefit admin systems.

The new millennial decision-makers and controllers don't care about any relationship or all the services you provide. The second they can't get ahold of you, they go to google or some chat box to move the case.

These new area controllers- want nothing to do with basic admin duties, much less auditing a bill for accuracy. They refuse to read. You can shorten your emails to text messages, but they still won't read everything. So much content is being lost; yes, it filters down the employees not knowing.

Compliance is off the charts- ACA reporting, PCORI, Medicare certification, Medicaid notification, 5500, etc.

Carrier reps have slipped drastically; they also refuse to read and think it's Ok to conduct a video conference from Starbucks. In their defense, no one is left to train them, and even if there was, new products are coming out so fast they can't keep up. The people developing the products don't know how they work in real life.

Benefit Admin system is a must; if you're not offering a paperless solution, you won't hang onto anything. The days of onsite open enrollment meetings are done.

Right now, just 4% of the US population knows insurance terminology. 4%! I'm like a 5th-grade teacher explaining to people with MBAs what co-insurance is and how it works.

The game has changed- Now you have to have advanced skills in databases, accounting, legal, and education and know all your products.

You new brokers, stick with it because no one wants to do this anymore.

A new product is coming out that will change the world of group health insurance. You could make a sick run with this product if you have marketing skills.

Carrier reps have slipped drastically; they also refuse to read and think it's Ok to conduct a video conference from Starbucks. In their defense, no one is left to train them, and even if there was, new products are coming out so fast they can't keep up. The people developing the products don't know how they work in real life.

I was a carrier rep from 1975 to 1993 , had a lot of intense training sessions + 1 on 1 mentoring from folks who had 30 years experience in the group health & retirement plans.

My training was exceptional and allowed me to jump ahead of most other reps who had a 3 day training session then kicked out the door. Agents I worked with appreciated what I brought to the table.

The few reps I work with today can't even respond to an email within a single business day.

Pretty sorry . . .

You would be group benefits brokers and those who can't cut the mustard but still want to lick the jar.

The game has changed-

It's no longer being an expert in health insurance. You have to know compliance, HR, and benefit admin systems.

The new millennial decision-makers and controllers don't care about any relationship or all the services you provide. The second they can't get ahold of you, they go to google or some chat box to move the case.

These new area controllers- want nothing to do with basic admin duties, much less auditing a bill for accuracy. They refuse to read. You can shorten your emails to text messages, but they still won't read everything. So much content is being lost; yes, it filters down the employees not knowing.

Compliance is off the charts- ACA reporting, PCORI, Medicare certification, Medicaid notification, 5500, etc.

Benefit Admin system is a must; if you're not offering a paperless solution, you won't hang onto anything. The days of onsite open enrollment meetings are done.

Right now, just 4% of the US population knows insurance terminology. 4%! I'm like a 5th-grade teacher explaining to people with MBAs what co-insurance is and how it works.

The game has changed- Now you have to have advanced skills in databases, accounting, legal, and education and know all your products.

You new brokers, stick with it because no one wants to do this anymore.

A new product is coming out that will change the world of group health insurance. You could make a sick run with this product if you have marketing skills.
How is your prospecting going?

Back