Group Health Lead Gen

InsDoc

Expert
I'm interested in seeing and hearing any ideas on generating group health leads.

I had some success several years ago with groups by just cold calling. I got away from it and have not pursued new group business in a while especially with the changes, ACA, etc. However, I am going to refocus my efforts in 2018 and group business is high on the list. I am fortunate enough to have an uncle that recently retired from a major healthcare insurer that is going to be selling group for us "part-time" but also be here to serve as a consultant on larger groups with me. He's a really good closer as well so I just need to get us in front of some good size groups.

So far, my plans are to go back to some of the groups I still have on the books and ask for referrals. Other than that, I am planning hitting the phones cold calling, and get out and make face-to-face cold calls.

Like I said, I would really be interested in seeing what other folks have done to generate new business in the group health market. I'm open to suggestions.

Well I have done well with creating a facebook page and paying to boost the post......

Attachments

• 2man.jpg
    2man.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 57
May want to try reference USA, sorts by size, geography and more. Free at library. You can get all kinds of info including owner. Not saying this is the be all, but a good tool.

Thanks for the replies. I know I need to learn more about Facebook marketing. I've dabbled a little with no luck. Biggest thing I think for me with social media marketing is content. Knowing what message I want to get out and being consistent about it.

leevena, Yes, I have downloaded a list from Reference USA through the library. Very good source of info. I just wish you could download more than 50 at time. It's a chore for me to download 50 and then have to try to combine several lists. So, you're right, it's not perfect but it is very helpful.

I'm interested in seeing and hearing any ideas on generating group health leads.

I had some success several years ago with groups by just cold calling. I got away from it and have not pursued new group business in a while especially with the changes, ACA, etc. However, I am going to refocus my efforts in 2018 and group business is high on the list. I am fortunate enough to have an uncle that recently retired from a major healthcare insurer that is going to be selling group for us "part-time" but also be here to serve as a consultant on larger groups with me. He's a really good closer as well so I just need to get us in front of some good size groups.

So far, my plans are to go back to some of the groups I still have on the books and ask for referrals. Other than that, I am planning hitting the phones cold calling, and get out and make face-to-face cold calls.

Like I said, I would really be interested in seeing what other folks have done to generate new business in the group health market. I'm open to suggestions.

PM me!

Next month we're rolling out a special report that will show insurance agents how to generate their own leads. Would love to have you check it out while its free.

If your going after 100+ ee 5500 forms database are the absolute best IMO.

Not 100% sure if they have your state but I used this in CA during the whole Obama care thing and killed it. 300+ee groups

Check miEdge, Business Intelligence System for Insurance Agents, Brokers, Producers, Carriers - miEdge

Load one of these lists into a dialer and its over. You literally have all the plan info and admin contacts (who signed the check) largets Lob, commision, carrier, effective dates incumbent broker info etc. before the call. Its just not easy to compete in this arena.

LinkedIn has worked well for me. Searching for HR directors. Be careful messaging them directly. To me it's but a professional way to present yourself, and I know it annoys me personally. But if you connect, you can mail them marketing materials directly to the person in charge.

The HR department is never in charge. They mostly shuttle back and forth between whatever agents are quoting and the actual decision maker. The owner & spouse are usually the decision makers when it is a closely held business. There may be others including other partial owners, attorneys, accountants etc that have input. Your initial contact will only be getting you data and may have veto power but can't give a "yes". They may be the primary implementer once a decision has been made by the boss.

Develop your list of x-dates & start calling 4 months in advance. The larger groups will have an agent that has a relationship with most of the primary people at the employer and will be difficult to over throw if they are doing their job. Keep going back even when they don't let you quote. Things change and you want to be there when they do. It doesn't matter how you develop your list and there isn't a magic method. Data sources in prior posts are helpful.

You can essentially door knock the smaller groups but so can your competition - and they will even if the group has become your client. You want to end up being the agent on ALL of their benefits.

Back