Group Health Leads...

I would love to know if these types of leads even exist. Would be interested if they are available. I've looked and looked for group health internet leads, and they are very hard to find. If anyone provides them, they typically get just a few a month per state.

I generally believe telemarketed leads are too expensive for an agent to realistically be able to get what they're looking for, but small group leads are very easy to telemarket for. I know at least one firm that does it and I know it's something I've helped folks with before.

If you check out Free Telemarketing Scripts For Everyone! you can see the script we use that does well.

Why do you believe telemarketed leads are too expensive?

Because what it costs to generate a quality lead and what an agent is willing to pay for a quality lead are usually two different numbers.

I have a firm doing some calling for me now that's working out well. Allegedly they have an agency ordering 300 leads a week and it seems like they have their system down to a science.

If you have your own telemarketer, and can control the process, it might work.

Also depends on the size group you are targeting.

I would not waste my time on anything under 10 lives and probably not less than 20.

That market is quickly eroding. Come 2014 I don't see the under 50 market surviving.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion, Somarco. I think that it's too early to know the ultimate effect of HCR and exchanges. Additionally, exchanges may vary in each state so the group health landscape will differ from state-to-state.

Re. Group health leads: I've seen companies that telemarket for group health leads. You may get some leads from them, but you have to beware of appointments being made for you by an overzealous telemarketer. Make sure before you spend time driving to the prospect's business that he/she is actually wants to speak with you and hasn't been pressured into saying "yes" to an appointment by the person who contacted them.

I've spoken with a firm called Employer HealthCare Exchange. The firm's URL is http://www.employerhealthcareexchange.com/
I don't know anything about the quality of its work.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree with your opinion, Somarco. I think that it's too early to know the ultimate effect of HCR and exchanges. Additionally, exchanges may vary in each state so the group health landscape will differ from state-to-state.

Be honest with yourself, how much of your opinion is based on your desire for the group market to continue?

Back