Group medical coverage for single member LLC.

adjusterjack

Guru
1000 Post Club
My sister lives in Manhattan and has a single member LLC.

She currently has coverage through the marketplace but there are some limitations that don't please her.

She is interested in the availability of group insurance for one person businesses, preferably with United Health/Oxford or CIGNA, but will consider other carriers depending on the plan.

Any of you NYC agents have anything like that available for small businesses?

Thanks.

I dont know of any states that allow a single person group. I am not sure if NY does or not.... but being NY and knowing how strict their regs are, I would be surprised if they allow it.

Then you have the issue of carriers that allow it. I know of carriers that allow a 2 person group, even husband/wife if they are both on payroll. But that is still state specific. Im not aware of "single person groups" in any state or being issued by any major carrier.

I think NY accepts 2 person groups. So if she can take on a W2 employee, then she would probably have some options.

----

I need to check into this for another state, I will look for NY as well. I am currently in the process of obtaining my NY non-resident, so it would be handy for me to know.

Last edited:
Back