Group of 900, what do I do?

I focus on Medicare products and I don't know the first thing about large group sales. This is the second time this year I have received a phone call about a group of over 300 ( one of 900 individuals today and one if 375 about 6 months ago). It's a little frustrating to get phone calls like this and not be able to do anything about it. Where do you even start learning about large group sales? I know there is a lot more that goes into it than individual insurance like self-insuring, etc. Are the commissions on large group sales even worth the time and effort that it requires to become proficient?

is it worth it....wrote a 47 man group at a $1250 a month commission last month.......I would learn......

My suggestion would be to forget about them until you can become familiar with the market, the products available, and what is needed to write these types of groups. Groups of these sizes are on the radar of every qualified broker/consultant in the area. It would be highly unlikely that you could win the business.

You could try bringing in a benefits broker and work with them, which would accelerate your learning process.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Back