Guaranteed Health Plan

AIM is pure junk. I suggest you read the links provided.

All the other plans are basically hospital indemnity with some accident and very limited outpatient benefits. Those benefits are insured but require little or no underwriting since there is very little chance the plan will pay a benefit. If the plan does pay, the payout is very limited . . . kind of like what you can expence from a United American plan, only less.

I used to promote these kind of plans to uninsurable prospects and soon discovered I was wasting my time. All the prospect did was whine about how this or that wasn't covered and would never buy unless pushed into it. If they did buy, they continued looking and eventually dropped the plan after a few months.

If you want to promote mini-meds, do so via WSM. At least there you can make enough money to make it worth your time. I really don't see how anyone can make money with these offerings peddling one on one.

Bob, this is probably like talking to the wall, but I'd give Ican a look. I don't have a dog in the fight - you sell 'em or don't makes no difference to me.

I'm bitter about mini meds with only 5 years in the biz - can't imagine how you feel about them with 30 years in the biz. Every one I've looked at turned out to be overpriced junk. When I really dug into them I never liked what I found out.

Same with Ican. I saw them and my knee-jerk response was "whatever." I accepted their invite to meet with them and was glad I did.

It's no over-priced and getting the PHCS discounts are valuable - especially to uninsurables. I'd hit their website, click mini med and click Georgia - they are actually getting some decent "use-able" benefits.

It's not perfect nor will it ever be. It's more clearly written, unlike most mini meds. This is absolutely better than nothing in states where options are non-existent. I will sell this over telling someone "you lose."

Everything other outfits do wrong they are doing right and I think you'll be impressed if you look into these guys.

I've been studying both plans side by side this morning and agree the mini med from ican may be the way to go. The AIM looks pretty expensive. Most of the uninsurables I've worked with couldn't afford it.

What is WSM

I've been studying both plans side by side this morning and agree the mini med from ican may be the way to go. The AIM looks pretty expensive. Most of the uninsurables I've worked with couldn't afford it.

What is WSM

I believe its Worksite marketing.

WSM = work site marketing.

As for Ican, I would rather be associated with a duck selling insurance than some guy who shouts at me about how this product is better than Oxyclean.

As for the PHCS network, they have rented their name and some of their networks (they have multiple networks, not just one) to quite a few peddlers (whores) offering hyped discount plans. The problem here (and I suspect in other states as well) is the providers often refuse to honor the card, will not file the claim for repricing, and ask for up front cash before services are rendered.

So what may appear great on the surface is nothing more than pissing away $159+ per month plus a one time, non-refundable $100 app fee. What kind of deal is that?

well....I met with their department that handles making sure clients gets the networking repricing and without writing a small book, I assure you everyone will get the repricing. Impressive to say the least. That was one of the 1st questions I asked when I arrived.

Dunno - maybe it was like "The Sting" where someone yelled "here he comes!" then when I walked in there was an entire department of people on the phones? Lol. Doubtful.

I'm sure it's not passing the sniff test for you know but I think as time goes by you'll see this will actually become an option for your uninsurable prospects with no other options.

department that handles making sure clients gets the networking repricing and without writing a small book, I assure you everyone will get the repricing

CHBA makes a similar claim.

Doesn't mean it happens that way.

If the provider will not file the claim and wait on payment your client is pretty much stuck. And a lot of providers do not consider such plans to be insurance (which most of them are not).

They look at them in the same way as when someone walks in and flashes a Mega card.

If the provider does not file the claim it is up to the contract holder to do so. Of course all that is after the fact and getting a refund from the provider is a joke.

Need a hysterctomy?

Great.

The per diem pricing is $8,000. The plan pays $1100. When the plan participant comes up with $6900 the surgery can be scheduled.

They would be better off getting Michael Moore to take them to Cuba.

All I'm saying is the past isn't the future - give these guys a second look and don't necessarily sweep them under the carpet due to what others are doing wrong.

All I'm saying is the past isn't the future - give these guys a second look and don't necessarily sweep them under the carpet due to what others are doing wrong.

I'm going to give these guys a call. What kind of % are you getting with them...has to be better than what Assurant has to offer!

Back