Guaranteed Health Plan

I've marketed to brokers and sold the AIM plans for a couple of years now and have experienced very few complaints. I also have an extremely good relationship with IRG, who pays commissions. They may have had some kinks in the beginning but it's a great plan, if you have to sell it, and it has a much richer set of benefits than the ICAN plan, based on a brief glance. The AIM HealthSolutions plan pays up to 100% of surgery based on Medicare RBRVS amounts AND will honor a Certificate of Creditable Coverage (as well as issue one when leaving the plan). The 6600 plan on the ICAN site, which appears to be the most premium plan on there, pays a max $6,000 benefit per year for surgery - I don't know what you plan on using that for. Whoever sells a client "health insurance" with a $6,000 benefit for surgery, in my opinion, is doing them huge disservice and instilling a large false sense of hope.

Both AIM and ICAN use MultiPlan as their network (PHCS is owned by MultiPlan).

In ICAN's defense (I don't sell it) they have a small ER benefit, a larger than AIM's wellness benefit (which, in my experience with major-med is a marketing ploy), and it includes some RX coverage.

To rebut some of the claim's here about both plan's - GTL does NOT, I repeat NOT, according to their own website underwrite the ICAN plan, but Pan-American Life. GTL underwrites ICAN's Accident, Dismemberment and Life portion of the plan.

Somarco, I'm not sure why you have such beef with the AIM plans, but I welcome anyone to ask me anything they want to know about AIM and IRG here in this forum.

AIM does not used a state approved application, at least not in GA, OH and a several other states.

The plan is not HIPAA qualified, so a certificate of creditable coverage is not honored by any group carrier.

I have looked at this junk before and wouldn't offer it to a dog.

Curious, Somarco, are you HIPAA certified?

Also, I have a number of clients on this plan, as well as many agents with clients that have been on this plan. Not once in two years has anyone come back to me and said that their new carrier didn't honor their certificate. Also, what are the "several other states" that haven't approved the application? I'd like to look into it further.

I look at it this way. If Target, Choice Hotels and International Paper can offer a "mini med" why can't you? I say mini med because guaranteed issue is misleading and the reason agents get in trouble.

Everyone is afraid of the liability. Mostly those who don't sell it correctly.

If the client has to answer to their own recording of them accepting that "this is not major medical, not an 80/20 type plan, not a group sponsored employee plan and should not be used to replace major medical" where's your liability?

Curious, Somarco, are you HIPAA certified?

Also, I have a number of clients on this plan, as well as many agents with clients that have been on this plan. Not once in two years has anyone come back to me and said that their new carrier didn't honor their certificate. Also, what are the "several other states" that haven't approved the application? I'd like to look into it further.

I'm not sure Somarco deserves the sarcasm, that's just his way of putting things. But I'd like to add this.

I've had clients on a legit mini med for over two years and are happy with it and to me, that's what matters.
I actually mentioned this in training today:

People might want a Mercedes but they can't afford it or get approved for it (the loan) so they have a Honda.

The mini med is the Honda.

:radar:

Perhaps Mini-Med is a better choice of words. Or, as I read in a trade pub once, LBMPs - Limited Benefit Medical Plans.

Like I said earlier (it might have been in a different thread), I exhaust ALL options before selling the AIM plan - and I'm a GA for it. Major med, state high-risk, through an employer, COBRA, HIPAA, I even ask if they have a business with two or more EEs. Only after "no" to all of the above do I sell it, AND only after thoroughly describing the limitations of the plan.

healthagent, the carrier is American Medical & Life Insurance Co. In states that they're not an admitted carrier it's GTL, and the plan is not available in NJ, VT, WA, and MA. Both those carriers, BTW, are B+ rated through AM Best.

Like I said earlier (it might have been in a different thread), I exhaust ALL options before selling the AIM plan - and I'm a GA for it. Major med, state high-risk, through an employer, COBRA, HIPAA, I even ask if they have a business with two or more EEs. Only after "no" to all of the above do I sell it, AND only after thoroughly describing the limitations of the plan.

Same here. Only way to do it.

What mini med plans do you sell Rob?

I've looked into AIM, ICan, VBA, etc. and I'm still researching....

Back