Guaranteed Health Plan

The certificate of credibility is usually not challenged until there is a significant claim. At that point the group carrier will ask for more details and make their own determination if the plan meets HIPAA guidelines or not.

Please provide a copy of the application that shows the issuing carrier, form number and version date. The last application I saw for GA showed Chesapeake as the issuing carrier and a TX filing from several years ago. I sent it to the GA DOI and they told me the product and application had never been filed in GA and if filed, would not be approved for sale.

A buddy in OH had similar results.

I have also asked an independent auditor to review AIM info. His opinion was the plan would never be approved in any state (and he works with every state DOI). He also indicated several states had AIM on their radar but had not done anything yet due to other, more pressing issues.

When complaints start to flow is when the DOI starts to crack down. Unfortunately that is what happens. Just look how long Mega has managed to roll along with little more than a hand slap. Only recently did several states swap information that resulted in multiple fines.

On paper, AIM is better.

But if the plan is not approved for sale, you potentially have some serious problems.

When I'm on the AIM website and I click "contact us" there's not even a phone number listed - no email address - no address - no nothing. Just a short form to fill out.

I'm not going to come on here and post that AIM is a scam or con - it may very well be legitimate. All I know is this:

*No phone number or email on their website
*Cannot find corporate address
*Cannot find their corporation filings in FL - only a trade name registration for "Insurance Resource Group"
*Called the MD DOI several times - the plan is absolutely not filed under any name they've given me

The brochure is here: http://aimhealthplans.com/pdf/AIM_Solutions_broch.pdf

This is a statement:

Health Solutions is an association insurance benefit program. The insurance benefits vary depending on the plan selected. These benefits are provided under the insurance policy
and are subject to the insurance company’s underwriting guidelines, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions of coverage as set forth in the insurance policy and certificate, which includes a pre-existing limitation and other restrictions. This insurance is not basic health insurance or major medical coverage and is not designated as a substitute for basic health insurance or major medical coverage. This is a limited medical plan that provides for limitations to the coverage for each benefit. The limitations are disclosed above.
*RBRVS is the methodology used by the federal government to determine benefits payable under Medicare.

How can this possibly be creditable coverage when it states that it's not even basic health insurance. I'd like to see the certificate of creditable coverage and fax a copy to my DOI contact. ICan states that they are not creditable coverage.

The brochure does not list the underwriting company which I've never seen before. I'm not even sure the brochure is a compliant document since it would have to list the underwriting carrier.

At the bottom right of the brochure is "for more information contact" with a blank area below. So even on the brochure there's no contact information.

I'm sorry but at this point it's not passing the sniff test. In the mean time I'm flying back down to Ican headquarters next week to meet with their compliance and training team.

In the mean time I'm flying back down to Ican headquarters next week to meet with their compliance and training team.

You could fly down to Boca (alright West Palm, I guess) twice an week for the next five years, and it won't change the facts.

This Ican thing is a marketing thing, not a legitimate insurance thing.

Otherwise, why Billy Mays? There is very little value to anyone (except of course the owners).

Apparently I'm going to sit and spin waiting for someone to give me AIM's corporate address where they have their employees including their customer service department.

Back