guaranteed issue? hmo to med supp?

PhxSunsFan

Guru
female 68 lives in alabama on a hmo. Just diagnosed with lung cancer and is considering a move to CA to live with family,, dob 2/21/50. Can she get a med supp in CA guaranteed issue w/o health questions.

are there D plans that are better for chemo drugs or would it depend on the particular med? not sure how to back end into a prt d, knowing chemo meds can be costly

Yes, as long as she moves outside of the HMO coverage area, guaranteed to get plan F, which covers 100% of anything Medicare does not. She'd also need a part D plan as well. Let me know if I can be of assistance, Steve 248.835.3675

Generally chemo is covered under Part B so might not have to sweat which PDP is the best. Unless you know what she's taking it's all a guess.

Once in CA she will benefit from the birthday rule allowing her to change her plan without medical questions on her birthday. This means she does not have to worry about future premium increases.

That being said, I suspect she will save the most money using UHC Plan G. Yes, they will GI any of their plans. I think they pay 50% of the normal commission level for GI.

I moved from CA about 18 months ago and if you need some help please contact me.

Rick.

Yessir, Michigan born and raised...although I've lived across the country over the years. I am licensed in California with every carrier. The one rep mentioned UHC Plan G, Plan F would be the only guarantee issue option, the comp doesnt matter, but there may be a lower premium option for her than UHC, hence why we are independent and offer every carrier.

Let me know my fellow Michigander

Yessir, Michigan born and raised...although I've lived across the country over the years. I am licensed in California with every carrier. The one rep mentioned UHC Plan G, Plan F would be the only guarantee issue option, the comp doesnt matter, but there may be a lower premium option for her than UHC, hence why we are independent and offer every carrier.

I sent you a pm

Nope. UHC will GI Plan G.

Rick

Back