Guaranteed issue Medicare Supplement carrier in Atlanta Georgia

alexkh

Expert
Hello,

Is there a carrier that offers Guaranteed issue Medicare Supplement carrier in Atlanta Georgia? My friend's mom has cancer and locked in MA plan. Trying to see if there is a carrier to recommend in Georgia after she drops MA plan this AEP? Thank you

Sorry for not clarifying. Some states have Medicare Supplement carrier that issues supplements without any medical underwriting. Just wondering if GA one of them. This person was on MA plan for a few years already and would not qualify for Trial Right.
Thank you

Sorry for not clarifying. Some states have Medicare Supplement carrier that issues supplements without any medical underwriting. Just wondering if GA one of them. This person was on MA plan for a few years already and would not qualify for Trial Right.
Thank you
BCBS in Illinois asks no health questions.

Well then, there are no GI carriers or carriers of last resort in GA.

I don't use UHC but they have some extremely high rates for substandard risks. No idea if they will take your lady or not but outside of the usual GI mandates she is probably SOL

Last edited:
The only guaranteed issue right she would be able to exercise would be if she moved out of the Med Advantage Company's coverage area, then she would qualify as Guaranteed Issue for specific Medicare Supplement Plans. If she were to move, she would want to call the Med Adv company first to change her address. By her changing her address it will generate a disenrollment letter stating "she lost coverage due to moving outside of the coverage area". This letter, with this specific verbiage would be her guaranteed issue proof. Some Agents think they can enroll their applicant in a stand alone prescription drug plan to disenroll their applicant from the Med Advantage Plan; but that is NOT the correct way to disenroll for Guaranteed Issue due to moving outside of coverage area and you could end up with just original medicare.

Well then, there are no GI carriers or carriers of last resort in GA.

I don't use UHC but they have some extremely high rates for substandard risks. No idea if they will take your lady or not but outside of the usual GI mandates she is probably SOL

I am finding UHC is not as easy underwriting as it used to be. I had 3 bumped to level 2 this AEP that should not have I have also run into a noticeable amount of leads that had been bumped level 2 that I was able to get approved other carriers with tougher underwriting

Seems like they are looking for any reason to bump as of late

I am finding UHC is not as easy underwriting as it used to be. I had 3 bumped to level 2 this AEP that should not have I have also run into a noticeable amount of leads that had been bumped level 2 that I was able to get approved other carriers with tougher underwriting

Seems like they are looking for any reason to bump as of late

I suspect being the dumping ground carrier is beginning to take its' toll. Stricter underwriting. No more migrating between plans without underwriting.

I see other carriers who were reasonably flexible on some underwriting conditions who are also tightening up. Some decline for BP med combinations. Others verifying the underlying diagnosis when the med can be used for different conditions.

Back