Guaranteed issue term or traditional underwriting for someone over weight?

mattl89

First time posting a thread. I greatly appreciate any advice and/or insight. I have a prospect who has a 10 year term policy that is coming due in a 2 years and would like to purchase a new 10 year term policy. He was rated Table D when he purchased his in force policy.

He is 27, 6 feet tall and weighs 350 lbs. No tobacco use. His only health issue is IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas to share? I am not sure if I should apply for something that's guaranteed issue or fully underwritten?

Thank you all in advance.

Dude really doesn't need another 10 year term.

While I'm not saying to pass on the business, you really should encourage him to get a longer term or go ahead and get a permanent policy. It is unlikely he will ever lose a significant amount of weight and the IBS is likely to get worse, not better.

In short, the odds of his health getting better are low, and if it does then he can always go get a policy then.

First time posting a thread. I greatly appreciate any advice and/or insight. I have a prospect who has a 10 year term policy that is coming due in a 2 years and would like to purchase a new 10 year term policy. He was rated Table D when he purchased his in force policy.

He is 27, 6 feet tall and weighs 350 lbs. No tobacco use. His only health issue is IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas to share? I am not sure if I should apply for something that's guaranteed issue or fully underwritten?

Thank you all in advance.

If you can't find anything else, we have a GI Term product that goes up to 50K. It is a 5 year renewable or convertible term product.

Back