Guaranteed Issue

If there was ever a E&O claim waiting to happen, it's selling the most limited plans to the sickest people. I don't care how much you go over the limitations - when they get nailed with a bill they'll get selective amnesia.

I wouldn't bet on that happening anytime soon.

60-Minutes did it. They got sued by AARP but they won the lawsuit. It resulted in the feds invistigating AARP and forcing them to split apart from their former (partners/owners?) Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

It's well documented but has been many years ago so a lot of seniors have forgotten it. Even back whn it happened, many of them ignored it and thought it was politically based.

Andy Rooney's Book

GI have their place and time. There are policies that are worth the trouble and it is my belief that people that do not qualify for Major Medical, can still benefit from the GI medical. It is limited medical, but it can still be better than not having coverage. There are GI FE as well as GI medical and I have made money in both. Lots of people do not like GI medical because it provides very little coverage, which is true. People don't like GI FE because it is very expensive, which is also true. However, if I am to do my job with the honesty and integrity that every agent should; then the decision is up to the client- not to us. I explain to them the benefits of having it as well as the summary of benefits with a full explanation. I sell lots of GI and I never force it upon my clients. I maybe the only one, but I personally like GI policies.

Last edited:
Back