Guardian Appointment through local agency - quick question

SParker

Super Genius
Hi All, I am about to get appointed for Guardian LIFE products through a local agency.

Once I have signed the papers with the local agency, do I have the option to switch to another agency if I am not happy with the level of support I am getting from the agency? Assuming I have NOT submitted any business through the local agency yet, am I free to switch to another agency with no consequences?

Thanks

If you're an independent broker... what kind of support are you expecting? (I wouldn't be expecting any... aside from perhaps helping you to manage getting underwriting requirements submitted. Although MassMutual agencies have local 'brokerage directors', you may get some kind of help for larger cases from your local Guardian agency?)

If you're looking to join the career agency... Guardian has plenty of in-house support - including their Living Balance Sheet selling system.

I don't know the answer to your question... just asking questions to ensure that your premise behind the question is sound in the first place.

Once you sign on with an agency, in order to get released the GA has to sign off.
I know all the NY agencies and and your support should not be a problem.
Best of luck

If you're an independent broker... what kind of support are you expecting? (I wouldn't be expecting any... aside from perhaps helping you to manage getting underwriting requirements submitted. Although MassMutual agencies have local 'brokerage directors', you may get some kind of help for larger cases from your local Guardian agency?)

If you're looking to join the career agency... Guardian has plenty of in-house support - including their Living Balance Sheet selling system.

I don't know the answer to your question... just asking questions to ensure that your premise behind the question is sound in the first place.

Thanks, am so new to this, still learning to ask the right questions.

Yes, am independent, want to remain that way as I am only doing this part time.

How about this, what are some of the questions I should ask or things I should know before signing up with a local agency (as independent) in order to submit my business through them?

I was told by the insurance company that my commission would be the same regardless of which local agency I choose so does it mean that there is really no difference which local agency I go with?

Am I allowed to switch to another local agency without consequences if I have not submitted any new business to the agency I am signed up with?

Many of your questions relate to an IMO situation - a company where you can contract with many carriers.

With getting appointed with a carrier through a local agency - Guardian and MassMutual - the only real difference are the people you're doing business through. The local brokerage directors will vary by their experience, although you *should* be able to access the company's advanced underwriting department as well - regardless of which individual agency you contract through.

Just ask them if they have any support tools and/or training available for their independently contracted agents and see what happens.

Back