Guardian Marijuana Usage

Some very recent examples. Prudential gave preferred plus to a fellow with a marijuana prescription. ANICO non med gave a standard, also had a prescription. No APS was ordered with ANICO, they did order with PRU. If there is no prescription, good luck.

I was told w ON it also goes to tobacco ratings if positive for weed. I don't know tables beyond that. I have not had a case yet with any carrier so no experience to go by. My gut says it will soon become a specific question on applications.

----------

Does Guardian Life test for marijuana usage?

I'm not sure if any carriers specifically test for it, but if the client is a user it will likely show up in the lab work.

weed use doesn't usually lead to a decline. Most would classify it as a smoker rate though, because not everybody uses a vaporizer. Years ago it was explained to me how insurance companies look at drug use. Weed wasn't a big deal, as mary jane smokers still tend to pay their bills and lead normal lives. Back then Cocaine was the big deal. Coke users tended to become addicts and spent their money on Coke. Thus bills didn't get paid. Life insurance is a bill, why insure somebody who will lapse.

I was asking because we were asking how John Belushi became a NYL policy holder? Sometimes companies over look if the premium is large enough.

Prudential was preferred plus non tobacco, ANICO standard tobacco. I have gotten standard non-tobacco as well. Everyone had a legal prescription.

Back