Guardian NextGen WL Indexed Rider

scagnt83

Worldwide Expert of Everything
5000 Post Club
Guardian just launched a new Rider on their L95 & L99 products. It is an Indexed Rider that credits interest from the S&P 500. It lets you allocate to the Rider in 25% increments, and yes, you can allocate 100% if you want.

I am not surprised that Guardian is the first to do this. They have always been open to their agents selling IUL and even offer it within their internal IMO for their captive agents (and pay street).

The downside obviously is that there is no option to do GPT testing like with an IUL. The upside (other than the chance of increased performance) is that you have the minimum guarantee of a WL.

Not a bad rider all in all. Throw in the fact that you can put a LTCI rider on it and it is a really strong option.

The Next Generation of Life - Home

Guardian just launched a new Rider on their L95 & L99 products. It is an Indexed Rider that credits interest from the S&P 500. It lets you allocate to the Rider in 25% increments, and yes, you can allocate 100% if you want.

I am not surprised that Guardian is the first to do this. They have always been open to their agents selling IUL and even offer it within their internal IMO for their captive agents (and pay street).

The downside obviously is that there is no option to do GPT testing like with an IUL. The upside (other than the chance of increased performance) is that you have the minimum guarantee of a WL.

Not a bad rider all in all. Throw in the fact that you can put a LTCI rider on it and it is a really strong option.

The Next Generation of Life - Home

I was initially excited to hear this a few weeks ago, but after reviewing I was a lot less excited about it. There's a pretty hefty spread on the index account.

Illustrating at maximum rates projects lower cash values than simply opting for dividends at the current DIR, which is pretty low.

Guardian can be kind of gimmicky at times with riders and I'm afraid this one falls into that category.

I was initially excited to hear this a few weeks ago, but after reviewing I was a lot less excited about it. There's a pretty hefty spread on the index account.

Illustrating at maximum rates projects lower cash values than simply opting for dividends at the current DIR, which is pretty low.

Guardian can be kind of gimmicky at times with riders and I'm afraid this one falls into that category.

It seems to work best with the LTC Rider, since you have PUAs going into the LTC Rider and taking away from the overfunding. It would be interesting to see it on the 10 or 20 pay.

What is the spread on the index account?

There's a pretty hefty spread on the index account.

I would disagree. It is just a 2% Fee currently with a 12.50% Cap and a 4% Floor.

The Guaranteed values are 3% Fee with a 8% Cap and 4% Floor.

Considering the 4% floor that is not bad at all imo.

Back