Gul

So what I'm hearing is GUI is better then buy term & invest or it's as good

If someone wants to put money in a hole and hope nobody ever gets any of it then it's great. And then invest the difference in what? For people that want to leave something for loved ones , I believe in whole life. That is one guys opinion.

So what I'm hearing is GUI is better then buy term & invest or it's as good

Not better or as good. Apples and oranges.

They are both suppose to be long term solutions.
Buy term and invest, like newby said, the term covers the short term while you invest and become wealthy enough that you don't need insurance. GUL is designed to cover you for life but doesn't have strong guarantees. Add whole life which covers you for life with strong guarantees. Which of the three strategies is best will be different from one person to the next.

Ok y'all both make sense it's pretty much all based on what the client wants or what's best for them

Exactly......There are some things in life that never go away....Take a couple on social security when one dies the smaller social security check goes away forever no getting it back what if the couple had a lifetime level premium policy to cover that problem heck it can even be structured so that the policy requires no premium in retirement, GUL can do that with no cash values, and UL, IUL and WL can do that with cash values its all about options.

Oops, this thread illustrates why going with whoever touts the best rate on a ul may not be your best bet. Kind of like buying your dream car and then they ditch the body style. Loan rates, whacky assumptions on illustrations, etc. oh yeah, IMHO

Except none of that applies to a GUL. Pay the premium and they can have whatever interest rate they want, it is guaranteed. Miss a premium and all bets are off.

If someone wants to put money in a hole and hope nobody ever gets any of it then it's great. And then invest the difference in what? For people that want to leave something for loved ones , I believe in whole life. That is one guys opinion.

I am guessing that like Justin you are captive somewhere and know one product. GUL is not one of them.

----------

Not better or as good. Apples and oranges.

They are both suppose to be long term solutions.
Buy term and invest, like newby said, the term covers the short term while you invest and become wealthy enough that you don't need insurance. GUL is designed to cover you for life but doesn't have strong guarantees. Add whole life which covers you for life with strong guarantees. Which of the three strategies is best will be different from one person to the next.

Such as? Just curious, Thanks.

----------

All states. Didn't you get the memo? ha

You got me.:yes:

I woke up this morning thinking I had a half dozen Sage GUL apps I needed to rewrite.

----------

Ok that does make sense and yes I can see the light lol

Sorry PFS, another one bits the dust.

Welcome to the light Justin. We have been waiting for you. Wait till you see what you can do for all those people PFS said were uninsurable.

Actually no I'm not captive. I like the track record of the dividends instead of an up down market scenario. I have sold IUL , not saying it's bad i just prefer the other, that is all .

Back