Gul

I would like to look at a illustration on GUL and compare , and I would like to hear your thoughts as to why you prefer the GUL.

Gotya , what is the savings per month on say a 1,000,000 death benefit on a GUL vs wl . And who is your preferred carrier?

Gotya , what is the savings per month on say a 1,000,000 death benefit on a GUL vs wl . And who is your preferred carrier?

Let's look a real case I am working on now.

Client successful business owner and investor. Has other policies inforce for many years. Wants/needs $250,000 of coverage till he dies. State is Arizona.
Male age 69/70 std non

I quote $8,842.00 What is your whole life solution.

For Ray's 55 year old for $1,000,000 we are looking at around $12,000-$13,000 @ Pref'd non.

What would a Whole Life policy be on my 69/70 year old?

BTW, not a battle, just asking.

Probably not a fair comparison b/c I tend to use them for different objectives. If I had to guess and assuming good health, a GUL is probably 1/2 of what a WL plan (like Met or Mass, all base) would cost for the same face. They really do different things though so it is probably pointless to compare on premium/face alone.

No preferred carrier...many of the major companies have one. Price, ratings, underwriting, riders, features etc. all come into play on each case.

wino, i look forward to getting an illustration to compare. give me a bit. i think we need to look at past performance as well, and then look at the different scenarios 10-15-20-30 years down the road, I don't think the most db for your dollar is always right, i appreciate learning form others, once i am confident in my product it makes selling a lot easier. good day

Premium
wino, i look forward to getting an illustration to compare. give me a bit. i think we need to look at past performance as well, and then look at the different scenarios 10-15-20-30 years down the road, I don't think the most db for your dollar is always right, i appreciate learning form others, once i am confident in my product it makes selling a lot easier. good day

I don't think any product is always right or always wrong. In the end it is my clients that decide.

Past performance on most GULs, 0 cash value, very little cash, 0 value.

It seems that we are arguing which is better. I don't think there is a better.

I have agreed with you , every situation is different , another thing is your clients are older, they may be more interested in pure db , where as the younger crowd will like compound dividend cash value, and a predictable insurance factor.

I have agreed with you , every situation is different , another thing is your clients are older, they may be more interested in pure db , where as the younger crowd will like compound dividend cash value, and a predictable insurance factor.

The real funny thing is that the younger crowd (age 35 lets say) will have a 95% chance that the policy will be surrendered, lapsed or paid out before age 65 with a WL or UL, etc.

Soooo, dividends really don't matter much in a real world sense.

Back