Guy Walks into a Bar...

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have a client who told me his family of 3 would earn $65K in 2015 and needed to provide documents to the Marketplace. He failed to send them in once, I got him a SEP and reenrolled him and today, after 2 months and numerous emails from him asking me questions about what to submit (I referred him to his tax advisor after explaining things about 5 times) he sends me a tax return with -$42K of Adjusted Gross income.

What is freaking wrong with these people? How can some people be this stupid and make it to adulthood (the guy is on Medicare, the policy is for his wife and son)?

It just isn't worth it for a $33 a month commission, is it?

I have a client who told me his family of 3 would earn $65K in 2015 and needed to provide documents to the Marketplace. He failed to send them in once, I got him a SEP and reenrolled him and today, after 2 months and numerous emails from him asking me questions about what to submit (I referred him to his tax advisor after explaining things about 5 times) he sends me a tax return with -$42K of Adjusted Gross income.

What is freaking wrong with these people? How can some people be this stupid and make it to adulthood (the guy is on Medicare, the policy is for his wife and son)?

It just isn't worth it for a $33 a month commission, is it?

Not at all worth it sometimes.

Its just emails?

Then I disagree. Its worth $600/year.

Yes, you answered the same question 10 times. But even if each email (time to read and time to respond) was 10 minutes, then you just made about $500/hour.

Suck it up, buttercup

(This is what I tell myself for those 10% clients. All of whom make more than $250K)

Its just emails?

Then I disagree. Its worth $600/year.

Yes, you answered the same question 10 times. But even if each email (time to read and time to respond) was 10 minutes, then you just made about $500/hour.

Suck it up, buttercup

(This is what I tell myself for those 10% clients. All of whom make more than $250K)

I know you are joking but it really isn't worth it to me, every time I read one of his emails I get pissed off at his stupidity and my need to repeat myself once again.

And it's not just emails, there are phone calls and 3 way calls to the Marketplace, to Aetna, etc, etc, etc each of which takes time and is annoying.

I know you are joking but it really isn't worth it to me, every time I read one of his emails I get pissed off at his stupidity and my need to repeat myself once again.

And it's not just emails, there are phone calls and 3 way calls to the Marketplace, to Aetna, etc, etc, etc each of which takes time and is annoying.

You lost me at "calls to the marketplace". Its not worth it ;)

Back