Hallelujah... They did a POS interview!

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
A friend of mine who always, like me, avoided having to have a POS phone interview when possible is singing a differnt tune this week. He told me, "I have come to think that this phone interview is a good thing" Seems he got a notice last week that a family had filed a complaint with the department of insurance over a claim that was denied and policy rescinded during the contestable period. They are claiming, among other things that he fasified the app and did not record what the insured told him. Turns out it was with Settlers and he did the EPOS so he will have their recording to back him up. Only thing better would have been if he had done the express app. :yes:.

A friend of mine who always, like me, avoided having to have a POS phone interview when possible is singing a differnt tune this week. He told me, "I have come to think that this phone interview is a good thing" Seems he got a notice last week that a family had filed a complaint with the department of insurance over a claim that was denied and policy rescinded during the contestable period. They are claiming, among other things that he fasified the app and did not record what the insured told him. Turns out it was with Settlers and he did the EPOS so he will have their recording to back him up. Only thing better would have been if he had done the express app. :yes:.
I still don't like doing POS, but when somebody dies during contestability, I definitely feel more peaceful when there's a telephone interview recording to back me up.

One small carrier I use doesn't check MIB or prescription records. They've also never done POS interviews in the past. But several years ago they started doing follow up verification interviews on every app. They were apparently getting complaints against agents at claim time. What they discovered was that it was mainly clients that were lying, not agents.

So the recordings are kept to protect both the company and the agent. When a family member or lawyer calls in threatening legal action, they just refer to that recording where all the exact same questions were asked, and possibly a few extra. Done.

Back