Happy Independence Day!!!

And here I am... just celebrating the first "Brexit".

13606688_1077834352271255_6775096460145180438_n.jpg

A few years ago when my youngest son graduated from Basic Training at Fort Jackson, they played this song as all the soldiers marched onto the field. I cried with pride.

Thanks to all who have served and died to to make and keep America GREAT!!!

I am constantly suspicious and distrustful of our borderline incompetent politicians. I rarely support when they decide to invade and destabilize, or, um, "liberate" some other country.

With that said firmly, I love my country and my brothers and sisters (politicians excluded) and while I disagree with most of the reckless military actions that the politicians decide for others to embark on, I have nothing but appreciation, respect, and gratitude for the men and women who put their lives on the line for our country.

I am constantly suspicious and distrustful of our borderline incompetent politicians. I rarely support when they decide to invade and destabilize, or, um, "liberate" some other country.

With that said firmly, I love my country and my brothers and sisters (politicians excluded) and while I disagree with most of the reckless military actions that the politicians decide for others to embark on, I have nothing but appreciation, respect, and gratitude for the men and women who put their lives on the line for our country.
Well said. I also love the military, and despise the worthless polititions. Good thing our President isn't a politition.

Well said. I also love the military, and despise the worthless polititions. Good thing our President isn't a politition.

You know what, I frankly don't like Trump much. I'll give him that: he is definitely not a politician.

Whether I like him or not, now he is our president, so I support him. If he succeeds, our country succeeds, if he fails, our country suffers. So, as long as he is our president, I will support him.

You know what, I frankly don't like Trump much. I'll give him that: he is definitely not a politician.

Whether I like him or not, now he is our president, so I support him. If he succeeds, our country succeeds, if he fails, our country suffers. So, as long as he is our president, I will support him.
I was never a Trump fan before he decided to run and I think he brags too much, but I've become a fan and I think that in spite of the obsrtuctionist Dems and do nothing Republicans that can't work together....he might end up being our best President yet.

I also like that he's a fellow pot stirrer. Trump plays the Dems like fiddles. :yes:

BUILD THAT WALL!!!

A few years ago when my youngest son graduated from Basic Training at Fort Jackson, they played this song as all the soldiers marched onto the field. I cried with pride.

Thanks to all who have served and died to to make and keep America GREAT!!!

When I enlisted during Vietnam my mother cried. My 18 year old self though she was being silly and too emotional. I didn't understand.

Two weeks after 9/11 my son tells me he is enlisting into the Marine Corps. His silly dad cried.

Much tougher to be the parent than the Warrior. Was for this dad.

When I enlisted during Vietnam my mother cried. My 18 year old self though she was being silly and too emotional. I didn't understand.

Two weeks after 9/11 my son tells me he is enlisting into the Marine Corps. His silly dad cried.

Much tougher to be the parent than the Warrior. Was for this dad.

I've never thought about it in that way. I can remember signing my wavier into the program because I was only 17 at the time, then I turned 18 and went off to boot camp. I literally just jumped into the van with the other kids ready to go before even saying goodbye.

I didn't think much of it either at the time, I was only going to be gone for six weeks! My dad got me back out of the van to hug him and my mom. The invincible feeling really is there when we're younger.

For me, it's crazy to think I've gone into the military and gotten out. Looking back, six years felt like a long time while I was in but now it feels like it was such a long time ago that I was in. A small fraction in my history of life. Wish the best for your Son! I don't regret a single second of serving!

Back