Happy with Mega

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ok, I had a guy yesterday that wanted me to call and talk with his wife about their current health plan. He said they had Mega, and I was already counting my commission... Turns out, this lady LOVES Mega!! They have had a contract with them since 2000 and she says that Mega has been great to them.. They have increased this couple in their 40s to well over $800/mo., but they love Mega! She said the great thing about them is they reprice most of her doctor bills if they haven't met their deductible and they will fly them back home if they get sick in another country? (Maybe an association benefit?).. "How many times have you gone overseas since you bought the policy?"........... uhh... NONE

I asked her if they have had any major claims and told her that most companies will offer a repricing on doctor's bills.. She let me know that Mega has only paid out a small bit on a knee operation about 6 years ago on her husband.. I told her about many of the holes in Mega which she stated they didn't have because she had never had them turn down any claims, but I insisted that she had not had any major claims. I let her know I am willing to go over her policy and if I can't find something better and save her at least $1000/yr I would advise her to stay where she is at. She is supposed to fax me her policy this afternoon.

Did Mega have a better contract back in 2000 or is this lady just ignorant?

Having worked for them for over 10+ years and now going Independent, I can tell you that some of their plans have gotten better over the years. They tend to offer an A, B C level kinda thing and the A plans are at least decent. Because they also started using various PPO networks, the repricing thing will happen for sure. However, in general the Schmega plans tend to have lower lifetime limits, per occurence deductibles and other gaps on specialty care.

I have to say that over the years I did have some pretty happy clients too but I do beleive that was because they never had any serious problems and I always sold the better programs. If the rate stays OK and there are no claims, every plan seems great!

That was kinda my thought... I intend to review the plan, point out the caps and holes... and if she still wants to keep it, that's fine! I have run into a ton of morons lately it seems! LOL...

Just remember, if you don't actually hit any of the caps you think you have the world's best plan. They could have the old Health Choice plan with a $1,000 hospital deductible and $20,000 cap on inpatient. If their surgery was $10,000 they think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I have a rather tough time getting people off Mega plans who don't use healthcare often. These people who only see the doctor once or twice a year and on no meds are hard to move.

Do you want to insure your asprin or your assets?

What is more important to you, covering your doctor visit or covering your hospital bill?

As they saying goes, you cannot fix stupid.

Ok, I had a guy yesterday that wanted me to call and talk with his wife about their current health plan. He said they had Mega, and I was already counting my commission... Turns out, this lady LOVES Mega!! They have had a contract with them since 2000 and she says that Mega has been great to them.. They have increased this couple in their 40s to well over $800/mo., but they love Mega! She said the great thing about them is they reprice most of her doctor bills if they haven't met their deductible and they will fly them back home if they get sick in another country? (Maybe an association benefit?).. "How many times have you gone overseas since you bought the policy?"........... uhh... NONE

I asked her if they have had any major claims and told her that most companies will offer a repricing on doctor's bills.. She let me know that Mega has only paid out a small bit on a knee operation about 6 years ago on her husband.. I told her about many of the holes in Mega which she stated they didn't have because she had never had them turn down any claims, but I insisted that she had not had any major claims. I let her know I am willing to go over her policy and if I can't find something better and save her at least $1000/yr I would advise her to stay where she is at. She is supposed to fax me her policy this afternoon.

Did Mega have a better contract back in 2000 or is this lady just ignorant?

Uneducable.
Must learn the hard way.
Wish her the best, move on for sanity sake.

STI dont worry about ins.dave...Hes just pulling the weinie on this thread. Let him.

Latest posts

Back