Harkin Will Not Pay Commisions in 2017

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
Here is the email I recieved

We promised an update on our individual commission strategy as it nears finalization. To that end, we have filed to continue to pay 0% commission for new business in Chicago and to reduce new business commission in Atlanta to 0% effective January 1, 2017. We have also filed to adjust all renewing Harken policies to 0% in both markets. This change will apply to our individual policies both on and off exchange.

While this change is consistent with the actions many insurers have taken to respond to the evolving marketplace, we understand the impact it has on you and assure you that it was not decided in haste. Our goal right now is to solidify our innovative model of connecting insurance with access to care and continue to position us for future growth. We sincerely appreciate the role you’ve played in bringing members to Harken and we will keep you informed of additional selling opportunities in the future.

Last edited:
I'm slowly getting out of this market. I never sold them but I imagine this will be a trend with the other carriers.

I only have 3 with Harken, but they love how the company operates. It's the only provider that has RUSH and their physicians. From what someone posted in the Harken thread, Harken is slashing their PPO network for 2017 however.

Back